New Transfer Target - Justin Gorham from Towson (Update: Commits to Houston)

So how confident are we in landing McCullar? Already has his mind made up before vtech visit and he seemed to be having a good time with the team over a dinner (ig story)

I am not a BB guy. I am curious as to why we are going so hard for a 1AA guy from Towson. What am I missing?

Jarreau was touted, not Gresham. Why do you think they were still around in June and July? No one wanted to give up two schollies for Jarreau. Their scenario is way different than Gorham’s. There is 0 chance that he will be anywhere but at UH next season.

You don’t seem to know what you are talking about.

https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/857650021646204928

https://twitter.com/jonrothstein/status/854786933767237633

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/873691004188200960

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/859757139270799360

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/856149522417930243

greshman was a top 150, he was a 4star top 100 on 247 (not the composite), he was a starter on umass as a true freshmen .
Creighton, Oklahoma, Seton Hall, auburn, georgetown and UConn, Wake Forest, texas tech all showed interest at some point after announcing transfer intentions…

gorhams interest list was us and a ton of low mid-majors like george washington … being honest it was obvious he would commit to us if we offered from day 1… depending on how badly he wants to play high major d1 he might even be the walkon…

and your theory is that gabe grant becomes a walkon if we get mccullar…gabe has been retweeting stuff about getting mccullar…so he is publicly lobbying to pay thousands of dollars?

And after all that, they still end up at UH. Even after they cut us from their list. And then in July they announce that they’re visiting Houston. None of those schools were going to use two scholarships just to get Jarreau. That’s why they are at UH.

quannas white…google his connection to them (as well as with melvin frazier and jacob evans) he was one of the biggest aau coaches in lousianna when they were in high school
quannas got a 5star and a 4star from lousianna to c-usa’s western kentucky…

they ended up at UH because of quannas…they went to hcc becuase we had no schollly
and greshmen was a STARTER on umass as a true freshmen, a top 100 4star according to 247 evaluators…stop acting like he was a scrub

I know a couple of the guys that cover Creighton. They wanted Jarreau. Jarreau wanted to bring Gresham. Creighton cooled on the two. And I imagine that’s probably what happened with the other schools. Not many teams go for a package deal. Especially when those two eat scholarships while they have to sit a year.

I didn’t say Gresham was a scrub. But those elite teams don’t chase down guys that averaged 3 and 3. Even if he did start as a freshman.

And Mitchell Robinson did not commit to WKU because of Quannas. You better go do your research again. I’m not one of the guys that you can just throw out BS on.

1 Like

It wouldn’t surprise me if tying up a scholarship with two guys sitting out a year limited their options somewhat. Obviously we didn’t even do it either. However, even if that’s the case, they probably had options at least as good as Gorham’s. If a bunch of high major programs wanted Jarreau would every single mid major program not be willing to also take on a former top 150 6’9" player who average 3 pts/3 rebs/1 blk in 12 minutes on 63% shooting as a freshman to get him?

The other thing is I assume Gabe Grant could probably play somewhere on scholarship.

It’s not insane to think that to play at Houston instead of somewhere like George Washington a player’s family would pick up the tab for his rent for a year or he’d borrow money for it (and it doesn’t have to be HCC, it’s also conceivable he could just come for a year and not be on scholarship or possibly just the spring semester depending on how it works with McCullar as an early enrollee). It looks like Gorham went to Catholic private school for high school. There have been numerous instances of guys paying their way during their redshirt transfer year because they couldn’t get a release and of guys going somewhere as a preferred walk on rather than taking a scholarship at a lesser school.

I don’t think it’s likely but to act like that not happening is as fundamental as gravity seem silly. Especially since the only other options seem to be that Grant chose not to take a scholarship somewhere else (or couldn’t get one) and is also actively recruiting someone who is going to take his scholarship (though possibly just for a semester as I pointed out) or the coaching staff is no longer holding a scholarship open for McCullar. All three seem possible with varying degrees of likelihood.

Don’t mean to thread hijack…but how does Wes’ younger brother compare to Wes?

He’s 6’4, his brother is. Wes is only 6’2. His brother will have the strength coach from the get go. He is a red shirt candidate.

can he shoot like wes?

He made all disctict a couple times from his bio.

His shooting motion is a little different than Wes’s form, judging from the HUDL video. But they seem to go in.

1 Like

Galen Robinson averages 4 and 2…we’re well aware stats dont tell the full story…
if you look at the games where he played over 20 mins he was doing closer to 7 and 8 and again he was a TRUE FRESHMEN
you are acting like a coach wouldnt have noticed his production per minutes or that he would have been a freshmen

Izaiah Brockington, Davion Mitchell, C.J. Roberts (never actually played, redshirted)…these are just a few examples off the top of my head of low production freshmen who were recruited to bigger teams

id bet bottom dollar, greshmen would have had dramatically better offers than justin (if he left on his own)…and it wouldnt have been close …if you go on the umass forum they are more upset that they lost Gresham

and lastly you need to do some research of your own, i didnt say he was the only reason but he was a major reason, Mitchell Robinson personally said quannas was one of the major reason he committed (it wasnt just his godfather)…the official wku site (ours too) said “he played a key role” in his commitment …and Josh Anderson said the ONLY reason he went to western was becuase of quannas and this well known

Lmao. Mitchell Robinson committed to Rick Stansbury when Stansbury was an assistant at A&M. Stansbury left for WKU and then hired Shamond Williams. Quannas White had nothing to do with Mitchell Robinson’s commitment.

And Gresham didn’t go on his own. Him and Jarreau were a package. Teams wanted Jarreau and they were not willing to give two scholarships away just to get Jarreau. Especially since those two would have had to sit last season.

And we do realize that Gorham averaged 18 and 12 his last 4 games of the season, right? He started to dominate once he started getting starter minutes.

1 Like

Jebus joprior23, I’d have thought you had learned not to bother trying to engage with pesik by now.

2 Likes

“I am not a BB guy”. Yeah, you aren’t.

“White joined the Cougars after serving as an assistant coach at WKU during the 2016-17 season. There, he helped lead the Hilltoppers to 15 wins and played key roles in the recruitment of Mitchell Robinson, Josh Anderson and Pancake Thomas.”
http://www.wbko.com/content/sports/WKU-assistant-Quannas-White-joins-staff-at-Houston-418264953.html

here is a link of Robinson recruitement it states that quannas was at all his games… no one is denying his goddfather probably played a bigger role, but “nothing to do with it” is absurd and just flat out wrong, when robinson himself said quannas played a major role…dont discredit him based on your misconceptions
https://wkuherald.com/sports/wku-signee-robinson-spends-weekend-in-bowling-green/article_307eaf88-da28-5a52-b995-74c6a452bc74.html

and your whole package debate is flawed in that they went to jc anyways, if they were willing to go to jc, every school would have wanted them…“no one wanted to use 2 scholarship on sitting players” they werent sitting players…in all technicality they could have switched on us the entire year they were sitting out but stayed loyal, and there werent under a LOI

and dominate is a stretch since their last 4 games were all losses…and it was in the caa

this guy again, mister never contributes to any conversation but like to throw random jabs… stop mentioning my name if you have no interest in what i post … its that simple, you have the free will to keep scrolling and ignore my posts … you add nothing here