New Transfer Target - Justin Gorham from Towson (Update: Commits to Houston)

Where did Robinson say anything about Quannas? Show me?

This is how his recruitment went, just in case you need to catch up.

Commits to Texas A&M while Stansbury was an assistant.

Stansbury leaves for WKU - March 2016

Mitchell Robinson decommits from Texas A&M - April 2016

Rick Stansbury hires Shammond Williams - June 22, 2016

Mitchell Robinson commits to WKU - June 29, 2016

No mention of Quannas White.

So let me ask you. Would Mitchell Robinson have committed to Western Kentucky if Quannas White weren’t at WKU, or would have Mitchell just committed to Tulane so he could play for Quannas White? Seeing how Quannas played such a huge role in landing him.

Mitchell was coming to WKU, regardless of Quannas White. You debating that is laughable.

why must it be 1 person responsible?
ill answer your question with these points…

robinson didnt commit to tulane despite his godfather being a coach there (wasnt just quannas at tulane)…and didnt stay at wku without the godfather (stansbury was still there) …
it is evident the whole package had to be there…that it was a multiple people effort

and articles from josh anderson was that playing for quannas was a huge deal for him and the idea of a superteam in wku… im 100% sure robinson was feed those lines aswelll…so there is a chance robinson never commits to wku without quannas’ recruits & dreams of super team (note 5star transfer malik newman and a different espn 100 were also favored to land at wku before it all collapsed)

i cant find the article of robinsons quotes, i read it when i thought we could land robinson last year…but i found articles saying they were really close
“Robinson also enjoys close relationships with WKU assistants Quannas White”

again its crazy to say he had nothing to do wit that, when wku themselves say he played a huge role…

Okay, I’m out. We’ll just agree to disagree.

1 Like

You can’t go mud-wrasslin’ with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.

2 Likes

Stassen7,
Wow. Been going to, supporting and following UH BB since 1980. I ask an innocent question. Shows your class or maybe you are not a class guy?

1 Like

Lmao maybe in 38 years you woulda learned 1AA isn’t a thing in basketball.

But you’re the one taking shots at the latest guy who just joined the program because he started his career at Towson. Do you, sir.

Simple question, not taking shots class guy. Just curious since Towson is not a power school in a power conference

Nuru Zanna was transfer from a school that is not a power and not in a power conference…if i remember correctly he did just fine! I trust Sampson and his staff knows what they are doing.

2 Likes

I agree, I was simply asking…

Just remember that Goesling is a grad-transfer and they could set him up on a financial aid package like they did Zanna last year in order to “cover” him. Would still allow for McCullar to sign here and there be enough scholarships.

More than likely, Grant will be on scholarship no matter what.

Main thing he brings is height, which we desperately need. He was also a very good rebounder and was said to be good on defense which fits well into what CKS wants from his big men.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/TheHRReview/status/1011714952904654848
https://twitter.com/JeremyBranham/status/1011699916656271361

Wes was on an academic scholarship last season. Zanna was on a basketball scholarship.

1 Like

I also saw someone say he has 3pt range too which only will help our spacing. That is something thta CKS has wanted but hasn’t been able to get so far in his tenure at UH.

That makes sense. Had seen that it was Zanna, but Wes’s academic success means that his academics would qualify and he was never “recruited” so he would count as a non-counter.

Welcome to the University of Houston, Justin Gorham. I hope you enjoy being a UH Cougar. If you want playing time, you must play defense with great effort for 40-minutes. If not, CKS will not play you. All the talk on this message board about offense, stretching the floor, and spacing is all well and good, but the truth is, if you want consistent minutes during game time, play defense with effort and intensity. See Corey Davis, Jr., Galen Robinson, Jr., and former standout Devin Davis.

Go Coogs. Peace.

5 Likes

When Zanna signed, CKS said that since he was a grad student, he was on financial aid.

I believe your info is incorrect FWIW !

Wait, what? Grad transfers get scholarships just like everyone else. I do see that when they announced Zanna that they said he signed a financial aid agreement. Not sure if that was something he had to do for the summer or not.

Actually, that makes sense. Grad transfers don’t sign LOIs. So to make it official, he had to sign some sort of agreement. UH would not have been allowed to officially announce him until he signed some sort of agreement binding him to the school, or until he attended his first class. And just did more research. When kids sign a Letter of Intent out of high school, the paperwork is accompanied with an athletics’ financial aid agreement. Since Zanna was a grad transfer, and grad transfers don’t sign a Letter of Intent, all that he signed was an athletics’ financial aid agreement.

And my info comes from someone who has direct contact with Sampson and the coaching staff.

The walkon Broodo is attending UH on an academic scholarship.

Not sure why they would have taken a BB scholly away from Wes VB…but I have no direct knowledge of any of this other than what I read in UH releases.

Because Wes had the grades and we needed the extra scholly for Zanna.