Next DC .... Not from this board

Gibbs is ex-nfl, but I think you pass on this one. No pun intended.

Dude, that ship has sailed and that horse has been beaten to death, no use beating it anymore.

5 Likes

My current proposal is that we bring in Manster54 as a grad assistant so that he can get up-to-date with the players, then he will get promotion to defensive quality control, and then ultimately promoted to defensive coordinator by our October 4 game against Tulsa.

4 Likes

I like Gibbs. He helped start the Jack Boyz and the Third Ward Defense.

If correct, vic koening is the son of former, long time cy-creek head coach. He has massive ties to Texas hs football. Would be a homerun hire for the d. I. Surprised his name has not surfaced earlier.

I know heā€™s older but how about Jerry Glanville? Heā€™s in the CFL now. It would be House of Pain 2 at TDECU! I half kid, but he couldnā€™t be any worse than whatā€™s here now.

1 Like

Older is right - heā€™s almost 80!

1 Like

Speaking of older gentlemen, what about Wade Phillips? Eventually heā€™s gonna have to settle down somewhere, might as well be us. You know heā€™d have a good pool to choose from for defensive assistants. This would be a long-term hire that transcends coaches getting fired, leaving, coming in, etc. Wade would have the option to stay as long as the defense is doing well.

Iā€™d love Wade to come home, but I donā€™t think he wants to deal with college recruiting. Heā€™s also making a lot more money as an NFL DC than he would as a college DC.

1 Like

Fine with Gibbs

Half the people on the board would be better than the DC we have now.

Wade is dream but a good one!

Zac Spavital

1 Like

agree, i think Koenning ideal candidateā€¦wins over LSU in Baton Rouge and Nebraska in Lincoln while at Troy.

I like Phil Bennett, great defenses every stop.