Next move is up to FOX

Folks are talking about the other big shots, PAC 12 and B1G.

Missing the point. The only folks able to pull off a big deal is FOX.

Possibly another big media outfit ViacomCBS or even Amazon if they want to get into the action. Nobody wants to miss the next paradigm shift,

1 Like

Is it legal for them to talk to teams about breaking their current tv contract?

I get this feeling that there are going to be two college football worlds. Big 10 and Pac 12 in one world and the SEC in the other. I see the ACC getting picked apart at some point.

The case that K-State adds no value applies to Boston College, and a few others as well.

2 Likes

Clemson to the SEC

1 Like

I think Warner Bros is underestimated as an entrant. They don’t have sports networks, but they have a number of networks where they run sports.

Only if Dabo can be made immortal or forbidden to take another job. Clemson will revert to form soon after Dabo leaves for Alabama or joins the Coaches Club in the Sky. This is pretty clear.

At the very least they’re going to need to see that they can endure their current level of competitiveness to justify adding a second team from South Carolina.

1 Like

Disney has lots of channels to park their games that aren’t on the flagships or ABC, plus the advantage of fans being used to paying $6 per month for ESPN+. In another 10 years, perhaps the casual fan will be willing to spend 15 seconds finding the right stream that isn’t ESPN, but as of now, TV rules the roost and ESPN is the king.

If there’s a media company that can take on the rodent, it’s AT&T (Warner Bros.)

Their satellite companies, DirectTV and Dish have dropped regional sports networks, but online streaming is the wave of the future.

I fully expect the PAC-12 to be looking at all viewing options: broadcast, cable, and streaming.

1 Like

ACC locked up to 2035. Beyond the BIG12, I don’t see the other P5 getting cannabalized. I see PAC and BIG trying to create value with alliances to play each other out of conference.

1 Like

You forgot amazon.

I’ll believe it when I see it. Any of it. The other networks have obliged ESPN for decades. They have decided to be a non-factor.

2 Likes

Fred continues the Rodent theme. Excellent!

1 Like

Didn’t we discuss this previously when the AAC/Big East contracts came up? We were hoping for Fox or some Amazon to offer a great deal because they needed stuff for their inventory and weren’t we lowballed and afterwards ESPN just did us dry?

I expect the same is gonna happen to ANY TV request now from the big 12. They’re stuck together until 2025 at least.

1 Like

Yep. History repeats itself. This time the teeth gnashing will be palpable.

1 Like

The Big 12 is hoping Amazon, Pluto tv, Hulo, Tubi or Netflix comes to save them.