Next time we play an 8:30 game

They sure will; idiots - they have already ruined cable. I cut the cable recently and still have plenty of TV without all their BS!

There used to be government restrictions on how many minutes of every hour could be devoted to advertising, and the rest was devoted to actual entertainment. But, the advertisers got that changed; now they have killed the goose that laid the golden egg!

2 Likes

Or can we not play games this late? We did not get home until two. A lost night’s sleep is tough on older people regardless of the outcome.

Guess I forgot to mention that the TV networks also tell us when to play the games
 and being a non P5, we are the fillers.

3 Likes

We made both ends of the 1980 ‘doubleheader’. Lots of fun. Beating the Aggies and then a terrific baseball game. Astros blew a two run lead, tied it up in the bottom of the ninth (and could have gotten more but Terry Puhl got caught running too far and was doubled up on an Enos Cabell fly to kill a rally). Phils won it in 10. That Phillies-Astros series was a great one.
The Aggie game came right after a loss to baylor. we really had to have that game or our season was gonna be toast. What I really remember about that year was lgetting our asses whipped by a mediocre Rice team.

We played in another two-fer in '72. Lost to Arizona Stae in the morning, Astros played the Dodgers that night. We were sitting in the loge section for the Coogs and i turned around and one of my heroes, Frank Robinson, was sitting right behind me. I looked around and most of the section was Dodgers who had come over early to catch some football. It was pretty neat. But we lost a close one.

I lived in an apartment near the Med Center then and we walked back and forth for both games. Wish I was that young again.

Some Aggies were trying to stand in front of us and I got a red coat to sit down or by thrown out. Loved it. They were real weasels too!

1 Like

It was well after 1am before I got out of the parking lot after the 09 Tech win.

I remember walking past Holgerson right about that time, he was probably on beer number 3.