NFL Coogs - Week 15, 2017

Week 15 schedule

Joey Mbu (IND) vs. Denver - Thursday at 7:25 pm on NBC
DJ Hayden (DET) vs. Chicago - Saturday at 3:30 pm on the NFL Network
Cam Malveaux (MIA) at Buffalo - Sunday at noon on CBS
Tyus Bowser (BAL) at Cleveland - Sunday at noon on CBS
William Jackson III (CIN) and Brandon Wilson (CIN) at Case Keenum (MIN) - Sunday at noon on CBS
Wade Phillips (LAR) at Seattle - Sunday at 3:05 pm on FOX
Elandon Roberts (NE) at Pittsburgh - Sunday at 3:25 pm on CBS
Charles Sims (TB) vs Atlanta - Monday at 7:30 pm on ESPN

PUP: Howard Wilson (CLE) - Hasn’t practiced as of last week
IR: Kenneth Farrow (LAC)
Practice Squad: Greg Ward (PHI), Demarcus Ayers (CHI), Derrick Mathews (NYG)

1 Like

Joey Mbu played pretty well in the Colts 25-13 loss to the Broncos on Thursday night. Mbu had 1 tackle and a TFL while playing 19 snaps on defense. The Colts are now 3-11 and battling for the 2nd pick in next year’s draft.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/UHCougarFB/status/941778004279209985

1 Like

No picks for Jackson today please.

Ugh. Vikings game is on CBS but I’ll be forced to watch the Houston Dumpster Fires instead

Reddit NFL streaming

1 Like

Actually that really helps since I’m streaming my computer screen to my tv.

DJ Hayden had a nice game for the Lions in their 20-10 victory over the Bears Saturday. Hayden played in 24 snaps on defense and 5 on special teams. He made 5 tackles and had a pass defensed as he continues to be a bright spot in a strong Lions secondary. The win moves the Lions to 8-6 and just a half game behind Atlanta and Seattle in the race for the 2nd wild card spot in the NFC.

1 Like

I never found that Reddit link. Think I can get a replay anywhere?

I can’t go $100 for a jersey for which Keenum at least is one of the featured ones but one might expect that in Tshirts he would be up front. https://www.vikingsfanshop.com/collections/mens-vikings-t-shirts

I just bought a Keenum T-shirt myself. Best investment of my life.

As far as the replay, I doubt it. The nfl is pretty strict.

https://twitter.com/coog57/status/942566427399245824
https://twitter.com/reid_smith_21/status/942461520386109440

That was Wilson? He looks alot bigger now.

https://twitter.com/KennethMFarrow/status/942851556550078469

Recap

Joey Mbu played pretty well in the Colts 25-13 loss to the Broncos on Thursday night. Mbu had 1 tackle and a TFL while playing 19 snaps on defense. The Colts are now 3-11 and battling for the 2nd pick in next year’s draft.

DJ Hayden had a nice game for the Lions in their 20-10 victory over the Bears Saturday. Hayden played in 24 snaps on defense and 5 on special teams. He made 5 tackles and had a pass defensed as he continues to be a bright spot in a strong Lions secondary. The win moves the Lions to 8-6 and just a game behind Atlanta in the race for the 2nd wild card spot in the NFC.

Cam Malveaux had another impressive performance for the Dolphins in their 24-16 loss to the Bills. Cam recorded 1 tackle and 1 tackle for loss in 22 snaps. With injuries on the Dolphins DL, Cam’s expected to get more time on the field in the last 2 games. The Dolphins are 6-8 and all all but eliminated from the playoff race.

Tyus Bowser continued to see more playing time in the Ravens 27-10 win over the Browns. Bowser recorded 1 tackle in 13 snaps on defense and 19 snaps on special teams. The Ravens win puts them at 8-6 and a 3-way tie for both wildcard spots in the AFC. As of right now, the Ravens would be the team left out.

Case Keenum got the Vikings back on track to a tune of a 34-7 victory over the Bengals. Case was masterful, going 20-23 for 236 yards and 2 TDs while rushing once for 20 yards. The blowout even allowed the Vikings to bring in Teddy Bridgewater for the first time in two years; the crowd gave him a standing ovation and the camera showed Case being more excited about the moment than just about anybody. The Vikings win clinched the NFC North and kept them in 2nd place in the NFC, a game behind the Eagles.

William Jackson III played 60 snaps in the loss to the Vikings and played well as he recorded 5 tackles. The starting receivers for the Vikings made only 8 catches for 60 yards as the Bengals CB was able to lock the outside of the field down.

Brandon Wilson continued to only see time on special teams, but made 2 tackles this week. One of the tackles saw him get pushed to the ground and recover to chase down the returner. Video is up above.

Wade Phillips saw his defense wreak havoc on the Seahawks this week in a 42-7 win for the Rams. The Seahawks were held to 71 yards passing and 78 yards rushing as the Rams sacked Russell Wilson 7 times and forced 2 fumbles. The win keeps the Rams at 10-4 and tied for the 3rd spot in the NFC with New Orleans and Carolina.

Elandon Roberts was key in the Patriots 27-24 victory over the Steelers. Roberts continued to lead the LB corp and made 6 tackles while showing leadership on the sideline during the critical overturn of a TD catch. Roberts was shown to be firing up the defense and telling them to be ready when it was overturned. The Patriots were able to intercept a Ben Roethlisberger pass to cinch the victory a couple plays later. The win gives the Patriots the tiebreaker over the Steelers and puts them in the #1 seed in the AFC.

Charles Sims continues his role as pass receiver out of the backfield in the Bucs 24-21 loss to the Falcons on Monday night. Sims caught 4 passes on 4 targets for 6 yards. The Bucs are now 4-10 and in a 3 way tie for 2nd worst in the NFC.

1 Like

Look ahead to NFL Week 16:

Saturday

• Joey Mbu (IND) at Tyus Bowser (BAL) - 3:30 pm on the NFL Network
  • Case Keenum (MIN) at Gren Bay - 7:30 pm on NBC

Sunday

• DJ Hayden (DET) at William Jackson III and Brandon Wilson (CIN) - Noon on FOX
  • Wade Philips (LAR) at Tennessee - Noon on FOX
  • Cam Malveaux (MIA) at Kansas City - Noon on CBS
  • Elandon Roberts (NE) vs Buffalo - Noon on CBS
  • Charles Sims (TB) at Carolina - Noon on FOX

PUP: Howard Wilson (CLE)
IR: Kenneth Farrow (LAC)
Practice Squad: Greg Ward (PHI), Demarcus Ayers (CHI), Derrick Mathews (NYG)

https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/943931130830643200