No attendance thread? There is no buzz for this game

No attendance thread…no local buzz. Did the loss to OU just suck it out of the city?

4 Likes

Yes

3 Likes

That and the PV game didn’t help.

2 Likes

And NRG is where dreams go to die.

4 Likes

Totally flat. I can’t give away my tickets

1 Like

It’s the way Houston is unfortunately. :frowning:

I’m having a Portland watch party, believe it or not, I have converted quite a number of locals into Coog fans. They all remember the Drexler - UH connection whom they LOVE here.

GO COOGS!

3 Likes

This guy wants to know what the university athletic budget to compete in the Houston market?

Its marketings fault also. They dont put out anything on social media or TV. I mean making a 20 second video every day with a good angle and decent filter should not be hard leading up to the game.

1 Like

I wish we could see the marketing plan. As a marketer, ideas are by the millions, it’s all in the $$$ and execution.

ANYONE that bailed because of losing the OU game is completely clueless

17 Likes

There is one now…

2 Likes

I was surprised that someone bought mine for almost face off StubHub after only two days. I have something going on tomorrow night and making the game was going to be difficult.

One of my coworkers purchased tickets off of Vividseats for $12 each, 50 yard line in a 600 section. I believe face value was $25 each.

Are you giving them away? How many tickets do you have, I will take them?

And we wonder why we aren’t attractive to P5 conferences. We’ve been a carousel of coaches for the past umpteen years. We finally hire one with a proven resume that many alumni believe is the ONLY offense that will attract fans (I can just hear the whining again about a billionaire shouldn’t be involved in hiring), and start writing off the entire year after two games!

So many experts. So many excuses for not going to games. Let’s hear’em: too hot, too cold, too wet, too much traffic, bad coaching, lousy parking, horrible food, warm beer, ugly uniforms, really bad scheduling, games to early, games to late, games during the week, no TV, too much TV, bad marketing – and that’s only for starters. Now maybe the best one of all: I can’t give my tickets away!

Fire the coach! Fire the Chancellor! Fire the Board of Regents. Fire the AD. Fire the ticket office. Fire the marketing department. Let the experts on this site run the whole enchilada. WE have ALL the answers. Yeah, that’s the ticket. The only ticket that UH fans buy.

5 Likes

So true

1 Like

I have two I can’t use if you’re still looking.

There hasn’t been buzz for this game all year. Kinda surprised at the lackluster marketing of the game.

I’m gonna guess official attendance is 44,414

1 Like

Groupon has tickets too.

1 Like