No Bull: UH officials aim to turn upgraded facilities into revenue producers

I assume Jess Lockwood won being that he’s number 1 in the world

World Series of Poker tournament maybe? Has a Vegas look to it. :thinking:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/article/Jess-Lockwood-wins-PBR-Houston-Invitational-14342198.php?utm_campaign=CMS%20Sharing%20Tools%20(Premium)&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

I would like a video of them herding these bulls in. Where were they kept, inside or outside and then brought in? Either way great job in getting this event. I would like to know of any feedback from PBR officials of what they liked and what they thought needed improving. Thanks.
P.S. I guess I could do a little search to find out these things. But if someone already has the Links, could you post it for this old poster. Thanks. LOL

3 Likes

The basketball camps received great reviews from housing to facilities to organization.

1 Like

Arena football.

2 Likes

Ping pong

3 Likes

Not my cup of tea but this stuff prints money.

1 Like

This is the kind of advantage UH has with nice facilities to rent out in a large metropolitan area. Let’s take advantage and fill the coffers and impress some local high schools along the way with science fairs, playoffs, graduations, etc. We have a dynamic campus with exceptional facilities. Keep the bulls coming.

1 Like

https://www.google.com/search?q=houston+roughnecks&client=ms-android-verizon&prmd=nisv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjX0bGn2pTkAhUKSa0KHcFUB8IQ_AUoAnoECBEQAg&biw=360&bih=560#imgrc=hgU0HbbSeAh9wM

Any chance “Buds Daughter” try to fight this logo??! Hope not!

She is busy these days laying it on thick to extort a $500 million retrofit of their stadium from the taxpayers of TN.
(Using what the Dolphins did to Hard Rock Stadium as the model)

She is already pulling the “its not like I want a new stadium” gambit already.

I like the Overwatch League ‘Houston Outlaws’ logo.
outlaws

3 Likes

Oh boy, chip off the old block…

She looks disturbingly like Ol Bud.
It could be Bud in his 60s w a wig.
Add the taxpayer extortion and it’s hard to take.

2 Likes

NICE!!!

Sad I missed this thread and the PBR series on TV while at UH. I actually like watching the PBR.

Love seeing Lockwood do well, kinda reminds me of a younger Mauney.

More importantly, love, Love, LOVE seeing UH promote itself and it’s world class facilities. More revenue, more exposure and brings more people by campus (probably changing some minds on what they “thought” UH was like.

Keep up the great work at UH, and hope you get the PBR back again. It’s a totally professional event and makes for a good time. Here in Chicagoland, the PBR is hosted at Allstate Arena in Rosemont, IL (O’Hare Airport area) … nowhere near as nice as the Fertitta Center.

Go Coogs!

2 Likes