No Fans-Good or Bad for our Coogs?

You are correct…60% early on. My post specified announced sellouts in the latter part of the season being in the 80%+ range.

Great you are such a good fan and regularly attend games. I was wrong to assume you weren’t there in the latter part of the season for the larger crowds. I just get so tired of the damned attendance threads and get cranky in my old age. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

It’s all good. I hate the attendance threads too. I love the people that are there with us in person and in spirit! We all want the same things for UH! Love and support! We are pulling the wagon in the same direction! Our kids will be ready! Good vibes for the Coogs to go 9-0 for the rest of March and the first week in April!

Go Coogs! Peace.

1 Like

I suggest Coogfans all teleconference so we can all scream together.

5 Likes

That would actually be really fun Charles. I telecommute for my job so I’m on conference calls all day as I’m sure several of us are. It will be interesting if we’re allowed to go to sports bars and have watch parties. I’m thinking anything like George R Brown last year is out.

I live in Tennessee where knock on wood things aren’t currently bad like at all even in states around us. Hoping this all calms down soon and maybe we can get to the final 4 in nearby Atlanta with fans.

1 Like

Coach Sampson is probably best equipped to play without fans since his first couple of years in the Hof were barely attended. I was there to witness “crowds” of less than 1000. It was not nearly as exciting as a full house.

1 Like

Maybe they could pipe in crowd noise. I would feel weird as a player and coach playing in a large arena in silence, echoes everywhere.

It’s gonna get cancelled

Hurley will still move his huddles to the middle of the court.

I don’t know about Houston but playing in empty arenas is an unfair advantage to Texas given all the experience they have in that environment lately.

4 Likes

As a student I think a lot of the lack of enthusiasm was from the lackluster football season as well as the poor start to the season with losses like BYU and Oklahoma State. Also a lot of students go home during the weekend so games on Friday, Saturday and Sunday had poor attendance. I think as the program continues to be successful attendance will improve especially if we have a hot start.

1 Like

Maybe the game announcer will be over dramatic. Oops, unless they won’t be there either.:man_shrugging:

No matter what game we play the TV announcers ALWAYS talk about our practices and how hard-nosed and aggressive they are. Boys…this is just like practice. Eat um up!

2 Likes

I have never gone to the FC when it was an announced sellout that it was only 60% full! NEVER!