No Loss AAC Champ will be in the CFP

The only problem is ESPN and the talking heads control the narrative.

They absolutely do…until that narrative starts affecting their bottom line. If people start tuning out whenever Bama is playing in a playoff game, they’ll take notice. I’m not naive enough to think that can happen over night, but eventually it will.

2 Likes

I guess I am just a pessimist I just don’t see it happening until they expand playoffs.

Two things that is happening that is changing college FB.
1st - P5 viewership is continuing to go down. I do not watch P5 games unless a G5 is playing in it. I do not watch bowl games unless a G5 is in them and I do not watch playoff games.

2nd - When the women wake up and realize the power they have in college TV sports. Universities are now made up of more than 50% women who many are realizing they need the best grades to get the best jobs and have no time to watch the guys play games. Fewer Mrs. degrees and many more professional degrees.

Note: Single Moms with children and moms who are the bread winners decide to cut the cord and eliminate the expense of ESPN/Sports channels will continue to put the hurt on Disney and ESPN.

The ball is being moved to the ladies court and as they wake up watch for fewer standing room only crowds at P5 games and lower TV ratings each season.

Oh, and as a old guy, father time is eliminating old college FB fans each year and they are not being replaced 1 to 1. Then there is the ever increasing cost of tickets, required donation to purchase season tickets, and parking etc. keeping many casual fans away.

Do not be surprised that after next season P5 and G5 attendance again goes down and TV viewership decreases.

ESPN, or the CFP Committee, has never been concerned about the casual fan.

The only shot any G5 has is if 2 P5 conference champs, Bama and Notre Dame all have at least 2 losses (1 loss probably had to be to a G5) and they go unbeaten spanking everybody on their schedule including 4-5 ranked teams with at least 2 being P5’s.

Neither would go to the playoff. As to who is ranked higher in the end depends on the eye test for wins. Sloppy wins by a thin margin will get you ranked lower than a team you beat if their wins are more impressive.

Unless you are Alabama…

1 Like