No plans to watch the SEC Championship game

It is entirely possible to have the 3 best teams in the country in the same conference. Back in the late '70’s or early 80’s I am pretty sure Nebraska, OU, and Colorado finished ranked #1, 2, & 3 in the nation in the polls. I can’t remember for sure who had which, but I am thinking it was as written.

I think the #1 was undefeated, the #2 lost only to #1, and #3 lost only to #1 & #2. This is just off my memory; I am not going to do the research to prove it. If any of you want to look it up, have at it.

the year was 1971, Red, and the Cougars gave #3 Colorado a real battle in the Bluebonnet bowl before finally losing. Nebraska was #1, Oklahoma #2 and Colorado #3

Playoffs really need to expand to lower the odds of this happening. I think… :grin:

At all levels in all sports many of the conference or division have two of the best teams.
So just win your conference/division…then you can represent your conference/division.
But if you don’t win it, then just shut up.
Auburn beat Bama and Georgia, two of the CFP teams but they were not in it. It’s obvious they deserved it. And they got beat by an undefeated team who did not even get a sniff.
And UCF would not even have had a chance to play in the Peach Bowl if there was not a rule forcing the Big Money Conferences to make it happen.

I will be sitting this one out, I refuse to let them profit from my viewership even if 1 person doesn’t mean that much. This thing is a slap in the face

1 Like

LOL, nice.

1 Like

People can do whatever they want. I hope this has the lowest rankings of any of these “championship” games. I can think that there is any compelling reason to watch a game that basically bars 61 teams from ever playing in the tournament. And pretty much guarantees that no, repeat no underdogs will every have a chance of participating.

1 Like