RECRUIT AND STARTS HIS GLAD HANDING. HE WAS ALWAYS
A GLAD HANDER. ACT ALL THE WAY. TOM AND I WAS A LITTLE
UPSET THAT HE SHOWS UP AND STARTS HITTING ON OUR
RECRUIT. TOM WANTED HIM OUT OF HERE.
FOLKS IF YOU NEVER HAD THE CHANCE TO KNOW TOM
WILSON YOU MISSED A GREAT COOG AND A BIG REASON
FOR OUR SUCCESS UNDER COACH BY.

6 Likes

Heā€™s a proven commodity, co-OC and WR coach on the best passing offense UH has ever had. There are others I like as well, Kerry Dixon, for example. I just think the young receivers coming upā€“Lark, Corbin, Stevenson, Bradley, Mark, Singleton, the freshmenā€“could use an experienced hand rather than a guy who was a GA a year ago and hasnā€™t played the position. But maybe heā€™s a rising star in the profession. Who knows?

1 Like

I would give JP a chance.

I donā€™t have any first hand knowledge but just based on things I seen and heard over the years, Iā€™m with fox on this one.

1 Like

We need a home run, not to ā€œgive someone a chanceā€. We gave Nesbitt and Johnson chances.

1 Like

I heard the same story grayfox is writing about above. Iā€™ve also heard as others have posted in other threads that he doesnā€™t get along well with other coaches.

1 Like

Disappointing if true. The last thing we need is additional distraction and turmoil. One mind, one heart, one mission. Go Coogs!

But how are we ā€œgiving him a chance?ā€ Itā€™s not like heā€™s damaged goods that no one will hire. Baylor hired him, Jones couldnā€™t wait to get him to SMU, and he was a passing game coordinator in the PAC 12. I would guess heā€™ll end up coaching at a P5 or a good G5 if not here. Yeah, I remember how the coaching staff was all but about to come to blows in 2011 thanks to JPā€™s rotten moral character! :smirk: