Non Conference Game for 2/13/21?

Saw in the Chronicle that there was a possibility of a non-conference game for Saturday (2/13) or Sunday (2/14). Since this was published in the newspaper I immediately had questions about its credibility. Anyone with ‘knowledge of the situation’ have any insight?

4 Likes

You immediately had questions about its credibility just because it was in the newspaper? Even though we did the same thing last week and scheduled a last minute game last week to fill a hole in our schedule? What’s there to doubt?

6 Likes

So did you like read abt in the Food section or could it have come from reliable source like the Coogs Beat Writer from the Chron. Just wondering bc this was posted by few posters yesterday from this source. Maybe looking for “likes”.

1 Like

So, if something makes the newspaper in print, then, it’s automatically suspect for credibility? The fact that it is stated that it’s a “possibility” doesn’t mean that it will or will not happen. The paper is merely reporting that something may be in the works. SMH :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Would be great to get a Texas school. What are the chances of A&M, UT, Baylor or some other Texas school?

1 Like

Somebody mentioned this on another thread: maybe a mid-week game next week vs West Virginia? They just beat Tech in Lubbock- would be a good game for both teams.

3 Likes

we can play @wichita likely to be the game plan

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1360294533364391939

Bummer. Guess we’ll play Wichita and Cincy next week.

just checked the dates… yeah we will likely play @wichita this week…which will then give us a chance to make up the ecu game on the 24/25th…
and likely memphis on the march 5th…every game but cincy gets made up

Considering the big tournament is 68 teams…there’s almost no way we get through that on the posted schedule. Just too many things that could go wrong somewhere.

1 Like

Maybe we could scrimmage the Rockets. I’m only half kidding.

Covid strikes again. I hate this cr@p. My concern is that the NCAA Tournament will once again be canceled, which will be another year wasted for what could be the best collection of BB talent we’ve had in recent history.

1 Like

This year’s team is the best UH basketball team since…last year.
Last year’s team really would have made noise in the NCAA Tournament with Hinton, White, Mills and Chris Harris on the squad. Harris was such a presence and coming into his own.
Of last year’s conference losses, two were by two points on the road and two by one-point on the road.
It would have taken an outstanding team to beat last year’s Cougars.

1 Like

Last years team was really good at home and lost a lot of very close road games. Wouldve been interesting to see how we faired on neutral site. I do think Grimes was poised to gave a break out tournament but if he had, he mightve gone in the draft. So who knows how it all would’ve played out.

Last years team had a chance to get out of the first weekend but I do not think they were as good as the year before or this year.

1 Like

Goose I share your concern about the tourney.

SO many games being canceled and I just don’t see how this doesn’t happen come March Madness.

Does a team that has a player(s) during the tourney either tests positive or comes in contact with someone who does have to bow out of the tourney?

There’s time constraints and no way of postponing games. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

the aac tourney is easy, they will result in forfeits…the ncaa tourney is where is gets challenging… no one is going to want to forfiet…

some one just noted this… if the conference acts quickly and we schedule wichita for sundy, latest monday…

we can schedule @cincy for thursday …and ecu on the 25th…memmphis march 5th

meaning we will not miss any conference games

2 Likes

I trust you mean @Cincy for the FC ?

We would not miss playing any teams, but would still miss games ??