Non Football Game Notes from UH vs. Rice

That’s a great idea.

What a cheap shot…1. What do you know about electricity, much less electricians? 2. What do you know about unions? 3. What do you know about “pixels” and the screens the University bought, and where they were manufactured, for instance. As a proud Union Electrician, IBEW local 716, an organization who supports this program with our time and money and labor (we constructed this stadium) I am a little peeved. As a proud UH alumni, 86 BA, 2000 MA, 2003 ABD in a PhD program, Fulbright scholar, I am outraged. Oh, I was also an adjunct there.

Union electricians are the hardest working, best trained, and most giving of all electrical organizations in the city. You diss us without knowing anything about us, or what we do for the public, but when you need us…? We always come through! We risk our lives everyday to provide you “power”…something to think about every time you brew a cup of coffee, or fire up your PC to sign into coogfans, or suffer a hurricane, huh? I bet my brothers and sisters of Local 66 appreciate your comments as well. Heck, dastardly Union electricians came from all over the country to help us out here. First responders all! Skilled labor isn’t cheap, and cheap labor ain’t necessarily skilled. I know you were trying to be funny, but maybe the joke just might be on you. Educate yourself some. Go Union, Go Coogs! Scott Cooper Murray. I

I didn’t know there were any other electrical organizations in Houston besides the union.

1 Like

The joke was that video boards always seem to have a few pixels out not a joke on unions or electricians. In hindsight, I should have said it was a city regulation instead of an electricians union one. I’m sorry if I offended you but I certainly do not look down on electricians. I have family who are electricians and do well for themselves. I know they are hard working and intelligent. It is an honorable profession. Also I appreciate the IBEW for sponsoring Cougar Athletics for well, many many years.

P.S. I also support this program with my time and money.

2 Likes

Lol you take things on the internet too seriously

4 Likes

I thought it was funny but I did not “Like” it until after the rant.

1 Like

4 Likes

6 Likes

Are three pixels out and if so, when can they be fixed?

I couldn’t make out most of the audio either, in 131. The new chairbacks are comfy, though.

1 Like

Trie dat. dog. True dat in 127.

Same. I just wish I didn’t have to move my seats because of it. Though my move was minor compared to others.

Thanks. I know you did not mean it personally, but the next time I mess up a pixel, I’ll quit the union. LOL. All in fun fellow Coog! Lets beat TT Sat! At the same time, sure wish more rank and filers were there last Sat. regarding response to Harvey, not just the politicos and head officials…Go Coogs, Go Union!

1 Like

Maybe so…but we take our work even more seriously. You are welcome. Tell me your profession, and I will try to blame something on you too LOL. Its all good fellow Coog. Beat TT and Go Coogs, Go Union!