Non Houston Basketball Games - Week of Dec 29th

ECU down 3 with the ball and 1:18 left

There won’t be any easy games in conference this year.

2 Likes

SMU looking good pounding USF at the half by 16.

Either ECU is better that I thought or Wich St is much worse. Probably both.

UConn’s inexperience is really showing on the road against an experienced Cincinnati team. I like the way Akok Akok plays a lot, though.

That’s just basketball. Doesn’t mean one is overrated or underrated.

Keys to this season will be holding serve at home and how consistent can the top 3 play against UCONN, Cincinnati, tulane, tulsa, ucf, smu and temple.
All these teams capable of beating anyone especially at home. Every road win will be a bonus.
Will there be a 4th team to make a move?

1 Like

WSU is good.

I agree, Wichita State can play.

At this point Wichita is probably the best team in the league with Memphis second and probably our Coogs third. Cincy is noone to sneeze at, so it should be a great race. Like RW said, beating folks like SMU, Temple, UConn, et al should be huge.
The thing I like about our Coogs is that we haven’t even come close to reaching our potential

#4 Oregon down to @Colorado at the half, 28-22.

1 Like

Oregon has never won at Colorado in Pac12 play.
#tidbit

1 Like

Gonzaga trailing the Portland Pilots we demolished in Hawaii

Oregon shot themselves to this loss
 But there was some serious home cooking from the refs for Colorado.

1 Like

So if Portland wins tonight, we should be #1? :smile:

5 Likes

Bad UCLA team leads Washington by 9 late in 1st half
at UW mind you! College hoops crazy this year😳

5 Likes

Parity has arrived.

1 Like

There it is UCLA upsets UDUB. Doesn’t really help Coogs win against Washington.

2 Likes

Shame but we can’t count on that this year. We have to win a lot of games for a good seeding. There are a lot of good teams
but I don’t see any great ones. Top seeds may have 4-5 losses.

2 Likes

For sure. Only team that may end up with 2 losses or less will be Zags bec of weak league besides St Mary’s n possibly BYU.

UTEP lost to FIU 69-67. More important than the score, UTEP was without head coach Rodney Terry, who was in critical condition at a Miami hospital after anaphylactic shock from a medication. Terry is expected to make a full recovery, but scary stuff. I’m sure that was a big distraction for the team.

4 Likes