Non Houston Basketball Games - Week of Jan 13th

I see that Wichita St and Memphis play on Thursday so started this thread:

And:
South Carolina at Tennessee on Saturday (1 PM ET)

2 Likes

The conference is getting a decent amount of tv time.

2 Likes

Have to say the AAC has been and will be entertaining down the stretch.

2 Likes

The Vols are in a free fall. Barnes is a heck of a coach he needs to figure something out. Martin has a chance to get that road win.

If WSU wallops Memphis its time to put the flack jackets on.

1 Like

West Va @ Ok State on ESPN2 right now

I am watching that game and scratching my head. I know college basketball is particularly hard to understand this year - but WVU is a ranked team - and OSU beat the Coogs - but to my untutored eye - the basketball just looks dreadful.

Our loss to Oklahoma state is a headscrtcher for sure. I think we felt they would be a pushover after getting routed by Wichita. We weren’t mentally prepared, dug ourselves a hole in the first half, and they played one good half

1 Like

This game is “scrappy” - WVU has quick hands on D but the refereeing is the biggest head scratcher. It won’t take much to remove the “s” from the scrappiness of this game.

2 Likes

That loss will probably cost us one spot of seeding

Looking at the ratings earlier, I was wondering which of the three losses so far would cost the Coogs the most. @ Oregon is a quality one so it is really between OSU and BYU. The Big XII brand will elevate the OSU SOS but I am afraid Ws will also be tough to come by in league play. My hope is that the OSU loss is the worst by the end of the season - if so, it should be a decent seed for UH.

1 Like

Ok State 0-11 from 3 and down 10 early in 2nd half. 19 combined TOs for first half. First one to 45 might win this

33-21 at the under 16 media timeout

With 14 mins remaining, OSU has 8 FGs in the game

Wichita State - if I read this correctly, lost at home to this WVU team by 12 - I find that to be a (sorry cant resist) shocker. Seems like the seeding committee should give every team a mulligan and allow each coach to designate one game to disregard.

1 Like

55-31 WVU

39 combined TOs

OSU rained 20 3s and made only 1 for an amazing 5% from beyond the arc. That’s a hard % to achieve. The one they made was from downtown Stillwater.

1 Like

Wichita is even younger than our Coogs, although we have beat them thru:

|on 12/08/19|Houston|beat|South Carolina|76-56|
|on 12/22/19|South Carolina|beat|Virginia|70-59|
|on 11/19/19|Virginia|beat|Vermont|61-55|
|on 11/16/19|Vermont|beat|St John’s|70-68|
|on 12/07/19|St John’s|beat|West Virginia|70-68|
|on 11/27/19|West Virginia|beat|Wichita St|75-63|

The committee does do that. For B10 and ACC teams. They get about 3 mulligans each other leagues sorry no dice.

2 Likes

Ahh didnt ga tech spank unc a few days ago…lmao

If anyone wants a preview of Tulsa, they are playing @ Cincy on ESPNU right now.

39 UC
30 TU

14mins

Edit: that escalated quickly: 75 - 44 final for Cincy

Wow

Ga Tech within 10 of Duke with 13 mins left (ACC Network)