Non Houston Basketball Games - Week of Jan 13th

They just took the lead!

Hard to root for Pastner

Then root for strength of schedule?

1 Like

Upset of the year - SFA loses to TAMU-CC at home.

Beat Duke and lose to Corpus Christi, thatā€™s Jekyll and Hyde

1 Like

I didnā€™t say I wouldnā€™t but itā€™s not easy. Entertaining game. Was watching OU-UT

1 Like

Entitlement U goes down at home against OU 72-62. Feel bad for Shaka. I think heā€™s a good coachā€¦UT is just not a good fit for him.

3 Likes

Duke holds on in Atlanta. GT missed their final 11 FG attempts. But I did learn something tonight: I get the ACC Network. Who knew

2 Likes

What a year.

Heā€™d be a good fit with a school in our league.

1 Like

Not sure why anyone would feel sorry for Shakaā€¦yes, Texas fans have always felt entitled, but at the same time coaching at UT opens doors for a coach that perhaps would never be open.
Bottom line is that he was successful with scrappy teams before but has not been able to coach four and five star players. And oh yeah, he is making a lot of money being a middle of the pack coachā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m in agreement with you, thereā€™s no reason to feel bad for the guy. Took a big opportunity, and it hasnā€™t paid off on the court. The only coaches Iā€™ll feel bad for are the ones who arenā€™t given the resources to succeed, thatā€™s definitely not the case at Texas where every coach head the resources available to them to succeed.

2 Likes

Washingtonā€™s best guard has been ruled academically ineligible ā€¦hurting our best win looking good at the end of the season

2 Likes

Washington is still a very talented squad. And that height is daunting. Need to find another scorer.

Anyone watching Oregon/Zona? Very entertaining game except for that whack-job Walton

Where is Mathis of Oregon? He killed us from behind the arc?

1 Like

Love Big Bill. #unique

2 Likes

I thought their weakness was depth. Hopefully they can overcome it.

Well that makes one of us. #horrible

5 Likes

I just donā€™t take him seriously and like way Dave Pasch plays off of him. He tries to come off as goofy as an analyst. But anyone who knows little about him , understands how smart he is with all different subjects. #HOF

1 Like

I like watching/listening to Bill and Dave.

The Conference of Championsā€¦lol.

1 Like

My wife is always actually shocked that I like Walton bec Iā€™m normally pretty serious, stoic in everyday life n he is opposite n pretty much always has been. Could be that I just respect who he was as a basketball player so I respect him as who he is.
Classic Big Bill quote: ā€œMy bike is like my gym, my wheelchair and my church all in oneā€