Non Houston Basketball Games - Week of Jan 13th

To each his own…I did not question his knowledge. I just don’t like his style for color commentary.

2 Likes

I think he’s speaking code for Amazon becoming a new corporate sponsor. Breaking news!!! :grinning:

BYU missed a chance to pick up a road win at St Mary’s (#30 in Kenpom / #37 NET) – lost in OT. BYU was missing Childs but hung around the entire 2nd half before forcing OT.

Jordan Ford from St Mary’s looked very good and hit some key shots. He has very nice range and can create in the paint as well. St Mary’s also has a 7 ft guy in the middle. However, their defense looked solid but not great.

Totally understand. Most people don’t.

1 Like

#12 Maryland falls tonight at Iowa.

1 Like

In style too: 67-49.

Clemson @ UNC tomorrow. Clemson is 0-59 all time @ UNC. I am no Clemson fan but I would love to see Clemson win that one!

Ball State and Akron in a close one on CBS Sports (Butler-Providence) was boring.

(Well, it was close…now 12pt lead for Akron)

Hard to believe they are 0-59 considering they have had some good teams.

Game should be interesting because Clemson is not all that impressive either.

If anyone is interested Cinci @ UCF on ESPN 2 and Tulane @ Temple on ESPNU right now

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder. This Tulane - Temple game has flashes of rec league play. I keep forgetting that UH is going to get the best efforts from the opposing AAC team. There is very little intensity in the game (and of course now Rose is not making his 3s).

1 Like

Announcer is bugging me for Cinci/UCF game. Keeps calling Cincy ‘UC’, which is correct, but when they’re playing UCF is it hard to just say Cincy?

Edit: just redeemed himself saying the best 20 minutes of basketball he’s seen this season was Houston first half against temple.

1 Like

Just the way of life now, we’re getting everyone’s best shot. And I love it lol

Halftime scores: Cincinnati down to UCF 26-29 (Cumberland has 0 points btw)
Tulane up at Temple 35-24

53-36 Tulane with about 7 min remaining

temple getting beat down at Tulane isn’t a good look.

Unimpressed with Cincinnati this year. I get that their coach left but man were they good last year.

1 Like

Temple not looking that strong after getting throttled by Tulsa…then Tulane.

Right now, we’re only a three bid league.

3 Likes

Tulane wins @ Temple!

2 Likes

Ohio State down 11 5:42 left and trying to avoid a 4th straight loss