Non-UH Basketball Talk - Week of 1/18

I’ll get the non-UH thread started for this week with my bold prediction of Seton Hall over Villanova tonight. Seton Hall has had its ups and downs this year, but most importantly–they’ve been playing basketball for the last month while Villanova has been shut down. I think Nova has a hard time overcoming the rust tonight and loses at home despite being favored by 9.

1 Like

While the team’s struggles with COVID were very real, and definitely contributed to the loss @Tulsa, they may have been a blessing in disguise.

I’m certainly seeing it that way. Would much rather have that layoff at the beginning of the year than now, or God forbid, when conference/NCAA tournies are starting.

As things played out over the week after the loss, I’m thinking there might have been some distraction as well

3 Likes

With some of the reports on how harsh the COVID symptoms can be, especially fatigue no wonder Tramon has had difficult time. Every game he seems to be improving in a lot of areas. Besides his scoring potential, his court vision is really good and the ‘quickness” of his passes sets up his teammates well!

1 Like

This has definitely been the most impressive thing to me. I know he can shoot better than he has shown, but his court vision and passing for a true freshman have been outstanding. I thought Reid Gettys was out of his mind when he said early on that Tramon reminded him of James Harden, but now I don’t think he was too far off. Once Tramon finds his stroke, he can score in several ways and set up his teammates for easy scores as well. The future is bright for this one.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/status/1351567056152522754

Not sure if the Cincy game is happening this weekend

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1351579971391803394?s=20

2 Likes

Florida beating #6 Tennessee 38-27 going into the half

1 Like

Tennessee’s offense has been pretty bad this year so far.

1 Like

53-37 Gators under 14 mins to play

Looks like UT going down tonight. UF up 23 with less than five to go. Making some room for us to move up!

Ohio state loss to Purdue’s too

Entertaining game between USC and Oregon State. Plus the benefit of hearing Bill Walton discuss hippie things for a few hours is great!

1 Like

#6 UT loses by 26.

For those of you who are missing Jon Crispin, he’s on ESPN for Duke at Pittsburgh. :grinning:

2 Likes

Villanova returns to the hardwood now vs Seton Hall on FS1. They have 5 fewer conference games than most in Big East. They haven’t played in almost a month.

Alabama on fire from 3 vs LSU right now up 18-4

Wow, Vols losing big has gotta help Coogs rising if wins keep piling.

bama has 23 points in 5 game minutes …petty has 5 3s… up 23-4

playing bama would have been fun

2 Likes

Thanks for warning me about Walton on the USC call! I will stick with the FS1 crew and basketball talk.

1 Like