Non-UH Basketball Talk - Week of 2/22

Guentin Qrimes, Gustin Jorham, and Jeeky Darreau just got signed from the juco transfer portal for Tulane so there’s hope.

5 Likes

Well if we would have handled our business and beat WSU, we wouldn’t have to be worrying about all this crap

4 Likes

Still kind of sounds like they’re ultimately gonna have to suck it up and go on the road to play someone outside the conference.

1 Like

Now in other news we really need Tech to suck it up and win tonight. If they do that, they can have a nice week because they’ll also get UT at home (and UT looks about ready to implode).

Get ready folks…

National Analysts: The new #1 seed, Duke Blue Devils.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’m fine with WSU winning. If that ultimately gets then into the tourney.

What is inexcusable is losing to ECU.

1 Like

Tulsa wasn’t exactly a good loss but it is what it is. I want us to be playing our best ball at the dance

wichita beat writer is hearing without cancelling the tulane and tulsa game…memphis/wichita game is likely dead

First place has always been decided by win percentage. It’s just that in nearly every season all teams have played the same number of conference games.
Not this season.
Cougars can’t complain. That’s what happens when you lose to lowly teams Tulsa and East Carolina and can’t win a must-win game at Wichita State.
I’m sure some teams do dodge playing games they have lesser chance to win.

1 Like

This is where Aresco needs to step in. Literally zero reason to play those games.

1 Like

Tech imploding. They were up 11 a few minutes ago and now trail.

Wichita played us way tougher both games but perception…

not necessarily true… last year 13-2 was the same as 12-2 …teams didnt benefit off of cancellations (like a winter storm cancellation)

Let’s put a fine point on this.

This is Bull Sh!t.

Aresco, do your job !

At the very least the record should be looked at and weighted by teams you played and their weight in the final standings.

Then if they are ahead, no problem. Without weighing the competition and whether road or home game, the % is meaningless.

Having said all of that, I think their coach should be the AAC coach of the year given all that happened before the season started.

1 Like

They have a really bad habit of letting teams hang around. I think it’ll end up costing them in the tourney. Not sure they have enough to squirrel their way into the 2nd round.

1 Like

i would hate to be a tech fan… why does every game have to come down to the wire

McClung has hit a lot of big shots this year

1 Like

Made a lot and missed a lot. Hes really streaky as a shooter, and I think that’s part of why they’re so streaky a team.

They have been an absolute roller coaster

2 Likes

Hard to win on the road. Would be a big win for Tech.

Is now a good time to remind all the ESPN talking heads that the SEC won the SEC-Big 12 challenge?