Not an easy path from rail to North-East gate

First I’ll say, game was great. Fans were great. Team was great.

Was a little put off on how people that ride the rail and sit on the East side were forgotten with this construction. They should have at least had a sign or a parking attendant there to redirect people to save them from walking 100 yards just to run into a dead end. Wouldn’t have been as big a pain but had already told a friend to meet me at the North-East gate to get his ticket.

P.S. The wifi is still $41T.

3 Likes

I think it’s crazy that no one uses the Southwest gate. No line to enter.

It’s going to get more crowded for the next game. People like me that come on the rail and were use to tailgating in the RV section just naturally use the North East gate. Especially when you have tickets on the visitor side. Now that it’s blocked off and the RV section moved, all the people that use the railway and went to the Rice game will just go straight to the West entrance which will push overflow when lines get long to the South West entrance.

That’s basically what I did today

This.

Couple more things to add. I concur the stadium WiFi is totally useless. 
 Also why is the publisher c address system blasting out music when they encourage noise/fan cheering? Visually encourage and let the band and fans make the noise. Whomp whomp was a little off and kick off chant by band was way off cuz of advsnd speaker system blasting music.
 Sound system is still sucky to me. I can't understand players "favorite whatever" is cuz I can't hear them. Need to turn closed caption on or why bother with that stuff.

Hate, hate when the public address system starts blaring music. Couple of times, they played it over our own band. “Seek and Destroy” is also back sadly instead of letting the band play their kickoff music (well, the band plays, but you can’t hear them). I love Metallica, but I’d rather hear the band play in that situation and have all the Cougar paws going in the crowd. Also, the same riff getting played prior to every Rice 3rd down play was obnoxious. Need to just let the band do it’s thing and let things happen naturally with the crowd.

Being on the north side, I wish they’d set up some speakers for the band that face towards us so we can hear the performance. Didn’t hear a note of the Amazing Grace collab or most of the halftime performance.

As far what I liked, the intro of the team is amazing every time. That fire going, the smoke, and the strobe lights from the tunnel make for one of the coolest sites around. Took my two youngest last night to their first ever game and they were fired up right away from that. The Cage Sway was cool to see with a full student section. The band was rocking early last night and kept it up all the way through even after many had departed. Traffic wasn’t too bad going home on Scott.

I hate the canned.music. I could not hear the Train at kick off. It is one thing to complain here but we should someone at UH. I want to be at a Cougars game, not a Texan game. I will drop Hunter an email, about the music.

I also miss the HOUSTON COUGAR chant where each side does part of it.

Let the AD know.

2 Likes

Will do.

That chant is still performed. It was cut short this week due to both teams meeting to shake hands

Agreed , the student section feed off the band . Don’t care bout that canned music either

At least we still have Hustlin to start the second half.

If the band is playing, why are they stepping all over them with canned music?

When did the HOUSTON COUGAR chant occur? Was it cut short or just scratched ? Like the palm trees we have to keep traditions.

Are we still playing that same kickoff crap we did under the herman administration? thought I heard it but wasn’t sure. And I concur on the sorry wifi. I’m in 229 and it is non-existent until I walk down to the concourse and then it’s even more worthless because it shows i’m connected but can’t do squat with it.

BUT… Ribbon Boards are spectacular and now that those are finished, we can move on to fixing wifi, adding more speakers and taking away stadium music guy’s iPod. Or breaking his fingers. One or the other.

They did do it, but as Eric said, it was cut short by everything that was going on. Didn’t do it to start the 2nd half though.

Maybe the chant will be better vs TT. It was first game for the cheerleaders for that and the music guy/gal too. Hopefully they will coordinate better so we can hear the band and the intros on the big board.

I am probably going to get a lot of hate, but I personally like Seek and Destroy during our kickoffs. I already have a hard time hearing the band sometimes and for the non hardcore fans, it brings their attention back to the field. The break between scoring and kickoff, I see a lot of people chatting, walking and looking around. As soon as Seek and Destroy comes on, their attention is snapped back to the field.

Also, I just don’t see the Train working as well with our sideline sway and juice. I think the music is more there for the players than the fans. Whatever gets our players hyped and juices flowing, I’m all for it.

2 Likes