Not Impressed with Michigan at ALL

We almost lost last night because of drawing fouls from their big man going to the basket. AND he made 80% of his free throws. If I am Michigan, I do the same thing.

If I am Houston, drive to the basket and get those Bigs in Foul Trouble. Make them shoot from the outside. They are not intimidating, only height. Big and slow is like Elephants on ice…they had a HUGE problem with speedy short players. That is the key to beating “Mighty Michigan”…And I say again…Stop fearing these guys…by some of the comments I hear, we might as well forfeit the game…not so. I clearly see Michigan’s weakness. Here’s hoping to Coach exploiting it!

2 Likes

I hope we win just to shut up that jerk John O’Korn

15 Likes

I thought Cincy was big and more athletic. CKS will have them ready.

2 Likes

Last night had to be the worst shooting performance Devin Davis has ever had. Hopefully he has the jitters out now and gets back to nailing that 15-18 footer. If he had been making any shots we would have easily won by double digits. Thank the good Lord for Rob!

3 Likes

corey davis also ended his 3 point shooting streak

Very true, but I don’t recall any 3s Corey took where he didn’t have a hand in his face. Those misses make sense to me since Corey is smaller, even though he’s been decent in that regard this year. I don’t know what the deal was with Devin. He seemed to be elevating just fine and getting the shot off over his defender. They just weren’t falling. I’m hoping it was just an off night for him. On the other hand, he was getting in the lane pretty well and hitting that little running hook/floater. That was nice.

I think Devin was shooting over an athletic guy with 4” of additional height impacting his jumper. Glad to see him find other ways to score by getting in the lane.

I don’t think Michigan bigs are near as athletic as SDSU so think he will be back to normal on his game Saturday.

1 Like

Mo Wagner is going to be really tough to handle. He’s huge and athletic. He had a terrible game against Montana, but I fully expect him to bounce back, just like I expect Devin to bounce back. We’re going to need Corey or Armoni, or both to start filling it up as well. Rob is going to get a ton of attention the rest of the way.

2 Likes

Agreed. Wagner isn’t unathletic but he also isn’t the pogo stick with decent handles that McDaniels is which I think gave our bigs fits.

I’m also betting Michigan is looking at how McDaniels got to FT line against us and will try that route expecting to be better than his 4 of 11 from the charity stripe.

It was a pretty simple concept. Not sure if it was something SDSU did all year long or was a halftime adjustment for us. Most of the time he would post up just outside the key on the baseline. When the defender fronting him cheated up a couple of steps into the key, he cheated back a couple of steps further down the baseline. Not only was his tall frame easy to find that wide open but he had a really quick move to the basket. So he was either going to get an easy lay in or a foul almost every time.

I think Rob took over because the other guys’ shots weren’t falling. They missed some open ones for sure but credit goes to SDSU’s defense too.

If Davis, Jr and Brooks hit their open shots last night, I think the whole complexion of the game changes.

When Rob went through his cold streak, the others stepped up. Last .night the others were cold and Rob stepped up.

Vs UM, it would good on my heart if we were hitting on all cylinders. Wolverines have won 10 straight and that’s nothing to sneeze at.

1 Like

Well I have to be honest our beloved Coogs didn’t look great at all. It cannot be all on Gray. We need the other players to make shots but I have faith we are gonna surprise people because the players know it wasn’t the best game but live on to bring their A-game from here on out.

I thought we defended well and rebounded really well. Aside from the fouls that is. Robinson is almost impossible to drive on and handles the ball perfectly. We win by 20 if not for the foul trouble with him.

1 Like

We win by at least 20 if our shooters hit a least half of what they normally shoot. Everyone except for Rob was ice cold yesterday. I suspect the nerves will be gone tomorrow night and expect a better performance from those guys. SDSU was a tough match-up.

1 Like

Michigan may be the most talented team top to bottom we have played this year.

1 Like

Well we beat them and we should roll to the Final Four…if what you say is true…

1 Like

If we beat Michigan and Texas A&M beats North Carolina we will play the aggies in the Sweet 16. Now that is something to play for and wish for as well.

2 Likes

TSU time…(LOL) Kenny Smith cheering for the Texas Southern Tigers!