20. Arizona state
  21. Villanova
  22. Mississippi State
  23. Maryland
  24. Nebraska
  25. Furman

Looks like winning both our games this week will do it,

1 Like

Looks like some voters have UTA on auto-vote.

2 Likes

It’s more like marathon than sprint. Up to #33 counting the 30 votes they received. Last week 1 vote was at #46. Win next 3 and for sure will put them in top 25. Probably in top 20. KenPom rankings has LSU & OK ST in their top 55. UH is 41 in KenPom. Oregon losing to TSU didn’t help matters. 3+ months of basketball left to make push and noise. #GoCoogs

2 Likes

St Johns and Houston are the only undefeated teams not ranked.

1 Like

Can someone remind me how the NET factors in to NCAA tourney selection this year?

1 Like

I’m more worried about our w-l record going into January.

3 Likes

I think its supposed to replace RPI. So im guessing they are going to give the same consideration to net that they did to RPI.

That’s going to make for one hell of a selection show if that is the case…

1 Like

Well at least that eliminates the East coast writers bias.

2 Likes

Totally agree. Hoping for at least 11-2 or 12-1 going into first conf gm Jan 2. Notice I didn’t say the other option like some said for football…will not go down that road. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

That’s weak not to rank us but it doesn’t really matter at this point in the season.

Probably not even good for our kids right now. Better to have them play their way into the ranking. Its more in line with Sampson’s philosophy anyway.

5 Likes

The reality is that the team is jelling, was tested by UTRGV, beat one good team in Oregon. Just stay the course, beat Lamar 7-0!

4 Likes

#26 in the Coaches poll…

1 Like

I thought we’d have a good shot at getting ranked coming into last week if we went 2-0, but the scare against UTRGV and Oregon’s loss to TSU made that tougher.

We’re #41 in Kenpom so I can’t feel too angry about not being ranked.

If we go 2-0 this week we should be ranked in the coaches but might still be a week away in the AP.

1 Like

ESPN’s BPI ranking has us at #29.

Once Oregon lost at home vs TSU, no way in hell UH was going to be ranked. Beat Lamar & Okie Lite, we’re in top 20.

1 Like

AP and Coaches Poll will have no relevance on who gets in the tourney or how they are seeded so it’s not really something to be concerned about.

1 Like

Last year the committee actually used BPI, along with Sagarin and Kenpom, as secondary rating systems. I’m not sure if that’s supposed to continue with the adoption of NET. However, I think it is and will probably be more important this year in particular since they are switching to a rating system they’ve never used before. Wouldn’t shock me if they rely a tad on the polls for that reason as well.

2 Likes