Not sure how i feel about this... Applewhite renting to Herman

You sure are throwing a bunch of “what if” scenarios into your rationalization. I couldn’t trust you around my teeth.

:joy::joy::joy::grin:

D[quote=“CoogDentist, post:15, topic:5766”]
[/quote]

You are a dentist. I’m a retired (sort of) therapist. I understand your anger with Herman. I would just caution you to show some restraint with our new coach.

Major did a super job putting this year’s recruiting class together. Let’s keep our glass half full. And judge the guy on the merits.

The only lifetime coaching commitments we are going to get will be from guys like Levine. Good man and really nice guy, but way over his head in a program that thinks an 8-4/5 season is unacceptable.

2 Likes

Would you rent to a co-worker who got a good job opportunity somewhere else and just needed a temporary spot to stay while moving?

It’s just a job to most coaches and players. Their loyalties are to each other, not to a specific team or school or city. Also, UH is not the best team ever, or the only school worth playing for, or the only source of righteousness, good, and justice in a dark world.

We work with what we have, find a deal that works mutually with coaches and players, and keep pushing toward the next level. It never gets easier as you go up the ladder, it just gets harder. Winners are the ones with the stomach to persevere and the brain to not get distracted by irrelevant information.

4 Likes

This thread seems ridiculous. Who cares about rental homes in Austin.

If Tom Herman keeps his current job up in Austin for more than 3 years, he’ll be building himself a major mansion. On the other hand, if he falters in his job (which could happen) and should Major Applewhite become highly successful at UH, well then you know…

1 Like

Not if I was the CEO and knew that the person in question was trying to in some way hurt or take from my company. Hell no I would not. Look this can go on forever let’s just agree that we have different view points and move on.

If he’s one day late on rent…evict that SOB.

I don’t think that it’s anybody’s gd business. Jeeze, you people, let it go.

Dentist, you need to chill dude. Let’s give the guy a chance before you bludgeon him. So far, I like what I see in CMA and until proven otherwise, I am assuming he will do right by us. And no, that doesn’t mean I expect him to be our coach for life; it just means I think he will be a good coach and will not shaft us. I think he will be honest with us.

2 Likes

Most dentists are concrete thinkers. That means they tend to see the world in black and white terms. I think we can make room for a loyal Cougar who sees the world this way. We are emphatically not going to change his mind but we can accept him and move on. I’m pretty sure he’s comfortable with his position. He may challenge me here but his posts speak for themselves. Again, let’s move on.

1 Like
1 Like

I was just joking, bud.