Now I know why Holgorsen sticks with Tune

Ike is definitely not better.

He makes a few good throws from time to time - but he doesn’t go thru progressions, he stares down his first receiver, doesn’t have pocket awareness, botches routine throws, etc…We’ll win this game easily against inferior competition, but Ike looks like a total rookie.

Man, our quarterback room is sad - but it looks like I won’t be crying to bench Tune anymore this year.

10 Likes

At least you’re man enough to acknowledge the possible rationale. Most people on message boards don’t like challenging their own paradigm…myself included.

5 Likes

But you don’t know how good or bad those two youngsters are. I would have to see Massoud and Kopp play first to come to the conclusion that our QB situation is dim. Holgorsen could simply playing it way too safe, he needs to loosen up and let those kids play and see what they got.

3 Likes

Well if Massoud is behind Ogbogu after a year and a half with the team WE ARE IN TROUBLE!

4 Likes

At the end of the day it’s DH responsibility and job to make sure they’re developing. If all of them have the same problem then it’s not their issue. I will also say that i have a hard time believing that massoud isn’t better than everyone on the roster right now when he’s been there 2 years 1 more than the new guys and one less than Tune. Play him a game and we’ll shut up.

9 Likes

Lol Christian.

Holgorsen recruited these backups, it’s on him for piss poor recruiting

15 Likes

Ike doesn’t go through this progressions well, but this is also his first time getting real game action. I’m just happy he doesn’t turn the ball over

13 Likes

He’s had a tough slog up to this point. I just want him to enjoy himself.

I dunno, guys… with the qb situation, I keep waiting for the big reveal and for all of us to exclaim a big, unified “Ooohh… Thaaats what he was doing.”

Like up there with “I see dead people” or that Tyler Durden was the alter-ego.

3 Likes

Or when Andre the Giant threw the giant present in the crowd, not knowing it had the midget inside it.

1 Like

I said Tune pulled his Hammie last week and Dana played him in a meaningless game. How effin stupid is that?

16 Likes

Honestly not that stupid. If doctors and Tune said he can play, let him play. Not like Tune doesn’t need the reps.

What part of meaningless don’t you understand?

1 Like

We have won 9 games since 2019. There is no such thing.

6 Likes

1 Like

Ike’s the man

9 Likes

Ike isn’t perfect but he was way more poised than Tune under pressure. He also made some great deep throws. Ike should get a shot in practice to earn the starting role against Navy.

18 Likes

Kmoney coachv has a point. We/I have seen it happen before. judas did it for over a year with Greg. Greg played with an injury but he still managed to pull heroics. Hamstring injuries are crippling by nature. It affects your entire body including your “game processing” You might think you can hit the target or make a play but your body says no. I was highly disappointed last week that Clayton came back on. I have been around many players and i have never seen one grabbing his hamstring thinking it was a cramp especially during a run. I 100% hope I am 100% wrong.

1 Like

Ike moved the team consistently, put the ball in target most of the time, and didn’t turn it over.

All of those things are improvements over what we’ve been seeing. It was enjoyable to watch, which hasn’t been a given.

I want to see him against a better team, though.

8 Likes