NPR's Top Nine Fall Movies

For me, “Dune,” the new Bond movie, and the new Wes Anderson movie are ABSOLUTE must-sees!!!

“The Harder They Fall” also sounds intriguing!

Count me out if govt controlled media gives it a thumbs up

1 Like

Ofcourse Bill Murray is the next Wes Anderson movie. Feels like its been awhile but i can’t remember the last Wes Anderson movie, i liked the one about the summer camp. Still need to see Hotel Budapest

NPR is not government controlled. It is, in part, funded by the government, but no government entity has any ownership stake, nor do they have any decision-making authority.

Contrast that with a publication like, for example, the China Daily, which is owned and operated by the CCP.

2 Likes

You’re wasting your time.

2 Likes

You can question it that way:
Would NPR survive without our taxes?

You absolutely can look at it that way, because they could – federal tax dollars account for roughly 2% of NPR’s revenue.

1 Like

Then why was it that an entire media spectrum was crying out loud “blasphemy to cut NPR money”
NPR makes politically oriented materials? Then they should not get my taxes. This goes for either side IMO.

1 Like

Because additional government funding allows NPR to provide local coverage in areas where it’s not profitable to do so. There are a growing number of places in the US where local news coverage is sparse or nonexistent, and cutting NPR (and PBS) funding would only accelerate that. It wouldn’t hurt the big national programs; it would kill the local stuff in places like Bethel, AK or Billings, MT.

1 Like

Seems many (maybe most) seek a news source with which they agree.

2 Likes

Is it really “news” if it’s not based on actual facts?

1 Like

Poor law he just wanted to talk about movies

2 Likes

Grand Budapest Hotel was definitely Oscar worthy!

Among Wes Anderson films, only Rushmore is better!

1 Like

JAYZUZ FOLKS!!!

Will you people simply look at the list and let me know which Fall movies you are the most excited about, and why?

And if there’s a Fall movie that isn’t listed there, then feel free to comment about it as well.

Some people simply can’t help but make everything political and take everything off topic.

Geesh.

1 Like

This convo should be pinned as exhibit A

Can you name one?

I absolutely agree.

Where do you want me to start?

That’s for you to answer.

Start anytime. Take all the time you need.