Offensive line

1 bad snap, 1 holding call, a bunch of nice holes for the backs and 0 sacks allowed against a defense that gives up yards but also was leading the country in sacks.

There could have been a couple more holds called on both sides but this crew only called the blatant holds which i can respect.

8 Likes

Yep, very good performance which bodes well considering our opponents the rest of the year.

1 Like

Agreed. Very well done today.

Game ball to the OL. They lined up and pushed SMU off the ball. The game had the feel where UH could run for short/tough yards when they wanted to or needed to. Also, good discipline by the OL making a few pass plays look like designed runs, e.g., the double-reverse when King threw the ball to Postma. The OL came off the ball but didn’t get too far downfield. Sold the play to the SMU defense. That reverse/King pass had me thinking that Applewhite was getting more involved in the offensive game plan/play calling. That looked like an old Applewhite play call. Barring injuries to the OL, I think they will continue to get better and stronger. Loved them pushing SMU around last night.

Go Coogs.

2 Likes

I thought the officiating was better than most AAC games.

5 Likes

It is the Northeast crew. They are quite good.

3 Likes

Line played well, but so did the QB and Receivers. UH was 6/7 on third down conversions in the first half. It really kept SMU out there for a lot of plays. Going into the fourth quarter we actually has one more yard than SMU (401-400).

1 Like

Where does one find out which crew is working the game?

The OL is hetting better. We have to get to the point that snaps are automatic.

The O Line will naturally play better when they settle on which quarterbacks gets the primary reps in practice. Rogers is still our best run blocker in my opinion , but Oliver was opening some holes! lol It’s amazing to see it finally coming together. Go Coogs!

The run game should feast on Tulsa’s NCAA D-1 worst run defense. They give up 6.8 yds/carry. 22 TDs so far.

2 Likes