Offical Gameday Thread: UH at SMU - 6pm on ESPNU (L 45-31)

We need to rush 5 to stop the run and then take away the short pass by jumping the routes. Stop giving the game away!

gave up near 400 yards in the first half…

1 Like

offense has 7 points

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor

2 Likes

Applewhite doesn’t have the nuts to pull a “Herb Brooks” on Ed Oliver.

Easy there Nancy maybe you should have worded your comment properly and if you even read my post IMMEDIATELY before your over reaction you would have seen that I posted a positive comment. Get over your bad self Benjamin.

I am still stunned at 8 passes.

2 Likes

we threw a deep ball for a td and we stop throwing after that? instead we run 3 times in a row?

Just when people were celebrating their ranking, Uh forgot to show up. Maybe we see our real Coogs?

Briiles is getting outcoached. He keeps seeing 5 in the box and is calling runs. However, SMU is crashing at the snap and stopping the run. He has to call more passes to keep SMU honest.

D’Onofrio has his secondary playing way off. SMU’s offense all season has been short passes and runs. I know the default defense for this team is to play way off, but this was the one week that they probably shouldn’t have done that. Instead, we get what we’re seeing on defense. We’re banged up, but it doesn’t excuse the scheme right now.

We’ll see if adjustments are made.

4 Likes

Coaches.

That whole performance that half is on the coaches…all of them.

2 Likes

Hell No!

Coach(es)…

1 Like

We are capable of coming back. Just dumbfounded that we won’t trust King. RPOs or move him from the pocket or something. We are just handing off to car and acting like we will just overpower smoo. I just don’t get it.

3 Likes

Smoo has no reason to change the offense. They’re basically handing the ball off for a minimum 5 yard gain with these passes. Throw in the roll outs and we have no one within 5 yards of a receiver. Hopefully the D shows up in the second half like usual.

Coach is experimenting with possession football

CMD better make those halftime adjustments or he can stay in Dallas.

4 Likes

haven’t most of our points come from the 2nd half? 4th quarter specifically?

Tech up 14-0 on OU

Is SMU playing a defense that compels you to run? I’m just trying to understand why our big-time QB has eight pass attempts