Offical Gameday Thread: UH at SMU - 6pm on ESPNU (L 45-31)

And don’t forget to grab a cold Capri Sun and some orange slices. Now let’s go get our participation trophy and give the other team a high five for trying so hard!

1 Like

damn nevermind then :grimacing:

SMU is baiting Briles in running the ball by showing 5 in the box looks. At the snap, they crash in to stop the run. Briles keeps falling for it.

4 Likes

2 of 8 passing and we are still averaging more yards per pass than yards per carry

Ed still with no helmet so my miracle isn’t going down.

That’s my impression but I don’t want to sound negative!

Yup

Well the boys got a half to play for it all…lose and its Ty-D-Bol Turd Circular Bowl vs Valparaiso St here we come

2 Likes

and ed oliver forfeits the season

1 Like

56 yards passing

379 yards of total offense for SMU.

That’s comical.

1 Like

I’m sorry but if SMU drives down the field and scores a TD we will not win this game.

here we go…

Several weeks ago, a number of you boys poo-poohed me for making the “soft on defense” argument regarding Donofrio’s schemes. As I pointed out then, his schemes have averaged giving up every single game since he arrived on Cullen Blvd., over 34 points a game, and close to 500 yards per game. You can win some shootouts this way, but you can’t win championships.

Under this type of scheme, there will be several, if not more games each year, that you will inevitably lose, thereby relegating us to the pool of so-so teams. It’s why we get no respect from the folks at USA Today, and other national pubs; not to mention the CFP committee.

Sorry, but the time has come to cut our losses on D, pay off Donofrio, and find a more aggressive coach who fits out offensive mindset. The Key is turnovers and opportunities to score; not keeping players in front of you with the intent to slow down the game. Our offense doesn’t allow for that.

5 Likes

This one is lost. There were fundamentals in that half that indicated the team wasn’t prepared and the coaches were simply outcoached.

2 Likes

Our time of possession is up

Need more continuity!!!

1 Like

We forgot how to tackle

WTF WAS THAT

DID HE NOT FEEL LIKE TACKLING?

If i ever hear continuity again it will be too soon

1 Like