Offical Gameday Thread: UH at SMU - 6pm on ESPNU (L 45-31)

Agreed

1 Like

Yes that was the rhetoric. But I have a hard time believing any P5 coach leaves to go to a non-P5 just for spite.

It would have been a first, but man it would have been a coup!!!

If we scoop up P5 Coaches you know we’ve arrived lol

What happened to the offense that dismantled USF last week?

We didn’t play USF
They got dusted by Tulane. USF isn’t good.

1 Like

I absolutely believe you. I’m just saying. Baseball, track, golf is not going to help us get into a P5. That all lies at the feet of football and basketball. And we have a bad head coach running our football program. Need to pour our support into basketball. Keep Sampson happy.

They were 7-0?

Yep. This team has serious flaws. However, the flaws seem to be mostly based on the D not getting reads. If you’re the secondary, just get better reads. Why are these guys not cutting of routes? Why are they playing bend?

CKB was scheming against a 3, 3,5 which is normally weak against the run but their run blitz killed our running game and CKB never changed it until we were so far behind that we had to pass to have a chance. Next two weeks we have to pass to win those games.

3 Likes

They beat Elon, Illinois, Tulsa, ECU, and some other no-names. They’re not a good football team.

If you watched any of those 7 games you would understand. They were vastly overrated.

1 Like

Maybe but undefeated is still undefeated

From your lips to CFP committee’s ears

And don’t drink before games. Drink afterwards. Jeez.

The problem is that we’ve sucked for too much of almost every game. Luckily we’ve been good enough to overcome that in those games. Tonight we sucked almost the entire game and couldn’t overcome that

1 Like

Our path to a P5 requires much more than having good football and basketball programs. If that was all it took, little focus would be placed on improving academics, research, med school, etc.

I challenge the team and staff to tell us that you didn’t go out the night before. It’s inexplicable. The performance was the worst in history against a team that you made look like Bama.

In history? of Football? UH football? This was the worst in history?