Office Rolfe charged with felony Murder and 10 other counts

The Ga. was prob diff bc the guy grab his taser. The cops are in a tough situation then but although I think they could train the police to just shoot the guy in the leg vs killing him. I think it’s diff than what happened to Floyd where there was no reason to kill him since I recall Floyd was already handcuffed. Correct me if I’m wrong on what happened.

It’s no doubt different than George Floyd.

If that’s true, then why do cops use it to subdue, the whole idea is its used so as not to use deadly force. Trying to justify this killing is hard because it wasn’t. Police should do everything other than shot a man in the back. A life was lost because the officers lost a fist fight. Don’t justify it, all you are doing is making a case for defunding the police. If police can’t show up and not kill they are the problem

I agree the police need to learn to just disable the guy in many cases like shoot them in the leg or somewhere to slow the threat down. Problem is I think the police are just trained to eliminate the threat thru only deadly force. They do have the issue of in some cases being highly ramped up in the situation and it’s stressful but in many cases they should start a policy of disablement vs killing bc then at least no one is dead.

1 Like

The cop shot the man in the back like an animal. Cops licensed to kill and are killing with impunity backed by powerful police unions. Pathological trigger happy cases given badges, guns, let loose on the street to hunt for the next “resisting arrest”. Oh, they want that chance to use deadly force. Carrying that damn thing around with no action is no thrill. It’s like a right of passage , a recognition badge, an orgasmic fulfillment.
Prosecute to the full extent of the law, no human has the right to take life of another without abandon.

I agree the police should be accountable and the unions are the problem with absolute immunity. I think they should have an independent board to review cases over ridding the union policies. Issue is if cops gets sued we will have no police. Our justice system needs to figure this out that’s fair to police and all.

It’s a different ballgame in some ways but think there are some similarities. The federal government took away accountants ability to self police themselves after the accounting scandals in the early 2000s (Enron, Worldcom, etc.).

It’s probably time to do the same to our police force.

1 Like

Interesting how few police shootings there are in other advanced states. This piece says Japan has had only one since ‘12, and the UK has averaged about five per year the last decade. We had 1500 in ‘19 while Denmark had 0, the UK 3, Sweden 1, Poland 2, Australia 4, Norway 1, etc. We might want to consider making some changes. :thinking:

4 Likes

To me this case is the worst case scenario. George Floyd was cut and dry and America was united in the sense that we needed to change and positive changes needed to be made both with the police and in the low to moderate income areas. America wanted to get better.

This one will split America.

That has been proven false by the video.

1 Like

By the video you saw?

by the video that has been shown on tv 100s of times

There can be different angles and closeness that can change what you see or hear. The prosecutor is saying these things. I’m guessing he’s not making it up and is seeing/hearing something you aren’t.

Jim,
Is there any state in the US that prohibits ownership of a gun in your house ??? Or by use of state here, your referring to a country ?

Randy, we’ll see if what the DA said pains out. It was a still photo on the so called kick, no video. His attorney said it never happened and he showed that officer encouraging him to keep breathing as he provided CPR and called him Mr…

Personally, after watching that DAs performance I don’t trust him. He is running for office, is under investigation for campaign issues. 2 weeks ago he charged officers for using a taser and labelled it a deadly weapon. I have heard more than 10 lawyers and police professionals label it as over charging and a rush to judgement. If we are going to get through this painful time we need true justice and not a rush to judegements and a politically motivated DA who went out of protocol by jumping ahead of the GBI investigation. The very said thing is that Atlanta will burn if justice doesn’t return anything close to all those charges.

As Miranda likes to sing, “it will all come out in the wash”.

1 Like

I have a hard time believing his lying but certainly not impossible.

It’s also possible he has access to something we don’t.

2 Likes

In the spirit of this thread here is one of my favorite video’s about a police officer. It has Christmas undertones but still IMO appropriate to this discussion:

1 Like

I skimmed through but didn’t fully read since I’ve seen many variations of this over the years.

The article alluded to criminals having guns in this country but kind of dismissed it. That’s a big difference with our country. We have 100 or so cops each year die in the line of duty. Last year I think maybe like 40 of the ppl shot and killed by police were unarmed. And of those 40 more than half probably had substantial corroboration that they were attacking the cop. Those countries have nowhere close to the same number of police dying.

Being a cop is just more dangerous here than any of those countries. Our policing can get better but without other potential massive changes to our society, expecting similar numbers for police shootings to those countries just isn’t realistic, unfortunately.

1 Like

Fake news…some of you guys believe anything!