Official coaching list Updated 1/30

1 Like

https://twitter.com/UHCougarFB/status/1083925098606854144

8 Likes

UH Link 01/11

Looks like the majority are from WVU but all look to be solid staffers. Feeling much better now then the previous regime.

7 Likes

The big one is DC hire Iā€™m waiting on.

5 Likes

Good to really good recruiters

3 Likes

Looks like a great recruiting group.

We got Carrier and CDH, Iā€™m good. Should have a good season in 2020. Letā€™s enjoy hoops until then.

1 Like

So is Randy Clements still sticking around or is he still heading to FSU

Well Randy and UH came to an agreement to stick around but any of these coaches can strike a deal with another school tomorrow. The whole coaching contract thing is a big mess.

1 Like

Good to really good recruiters
If anyone (other then coaches) know local recruiting it is Chris. V.

2 Likes

If there is no TE coach, does it mean CDH will not use one.

Weā€™ve had staffs without a QB coach. You donā€™t necessarily have to have a TE coach. Tight ends can practice with offensive line for blocking and with wide receivers for running routes/catching.

interesting to see the asst head coach tag next to carrierā€¦I think he held out for more money and responsibilitiesā€¦good for him.

1 Like

Weā€™re playing a game of chicken with FSU, seeing who blinks first.

1 Like

What Cary said. The buyout is substantial, and we donā€™t want to pay it. So weā€™re hoping that FSU will hire him rather than us fire him. He might end up being a highly paid offensive analyst for us if the Seminoles donā€™t make a move, but you would think they promised Briles they would bring him along. I read a report that Clements and the OL coach they have now would split interior offensive linemen and tackles. I have seen that done before. FSU still has a spot open for an assistant, so maybe weā€™ll see some movement before too much longer.

Iā€™m glad to finally see this official. I think Carrier is worth every penny, title, etc. We have a lot of talent at WR but I donā€™t think we have fully harnessed it yet.

Our defense was such a sore spot last year that although we noticed all the dropped passes we didnā€™t see truly how bad it REALLY was. Kind of like how our offense was so bad with Johnson that we didnā€™t realize how horrible our defense was. We had a lot of huge drops that should change under Carrier. Huge welcome home!!

6 Likes

Details about each of the coaching hires contained at the link.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/UHCougarFB/status/1084117671719907328

Iā€™ll update the top list.

3 Likes

I am glad Carrier is here. I knew he was making a name. For himself as a WR coach but being tagged as an assistant HC does that put him on a faster track to being a HC. I am truly happy for him, his family and UH.

3 Likes