Official Depth Chart

It’s great that we have enough people to compete for starting spots this year. I suspect that barring a massive run of injuries, we are going to be doing a fair amount of rotating linemen this year so as to have fresh players for the whole game.

2 Likes

They want a fresh defense. Any combo of players can be a good thing.

5 Likes

Tyron Carrier flashback

1 Like

I hope Dell can play the role Carrier did back in the day. Nothing better than hitting for a screen play that would go for 15-20 yards.

I mean. He was an All-American at Troy.

And Marquez is worried about putting together a season at WR that can have him drafted in the first couple of rounds come April. Wouldn’t shock me if he told coach to let him focus all his attention there.

I agree with that.
But its kick return, aren’t they both back there

That goes to my second point. Marquez may just want to focus on putting together an All-American type season at WR.

We’re deep on receivers and dbs

1 Like

So Mulbhah Car has a chance to play this year and next despite being a senior?

5 Likes

I love watching the man run. He has vision.

Overall, a lot of experience coming back.

On defense, I still think the biggest weakness is at CB - size, speed, and talent. LBs are a little small as well (not too worried as this fits our scheme), and Stuard should bring the pain now that he doesn’t have to worry about coverage. He can come downhill like a madman. Defensive front may be a big bright spot this year, good size and depth. Hopefully, we can attack a lot more, because last year was… not great.

Offensively, it is all about Tune. If Dana can’t get better production out of this group with what we have coming back, then we have got a major problem moving forward. I think Tune is good enough and Dana smart enough to tailor the scheme to what our QB does well.

Cautiously optimistic about this season.

1 Like

Yes. He gets 3 senior years in a row lol

1 Like

That one dude is 370 pounds? YIKES!!!

I’d hate to see what his training table looks like!

I would start Art Green with Smith on the outside. He was the number #1 juco cornerback and has great size and speed.

1 Like

Having Marcus Jones transfer in last year was a major get for the UH coaching staff.

5 Likes

Yes ill pay him in the slot. Seems like he’s having a major role on the team.

The safety needs to have a big year. He is due.

Very surprising to not see Gleson Sprewell in the Secondary depth chart. I know he was injured last year , may not be ready yet!

Maybe some injuries we don’t know about, might explain Kirven too.

2 Likes

Jones is supposed to be stupid fast and not a bad CB either. As long as he can handle the punts and not drop every other one like Wilder, I think it is a good idea to NOT have Stevenson back there on punts and risk getting clobbered.

1 Like