Official Game Thread: Coogs vs the Pirates who love purple (NTTAWWT)

Line opened… Coogs -16.5

image vs image

at image

on image

at 6p CT, Sat, 13 Oct 18

1 Like

This is the type of game we have tripped on before… on the road, decent passing team. Need to put this team away.

2 Likes

Hurricane Michael headed their way…May not have a game at all.

With that kind of line, I like our chances of winning, but probably not covering.

3 Likes

They will probably do everything they can to avoid a cancellation. We all know what happened in 2016 when we played on the road in a tropical storm.

Who, us or ECU? I think they will have to relocate.

ECU/us/the conference. Canceling an OOC game, who cares. Canceling a conference game though mucks everything up.

Here is a little something for those that might not know some of ECUs standout players.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/east-carolina/Article/ECU-Football-Nate-Harvey-Kendall-Futrell-leading-ferocious-ECU-pass-rush-122746761/Amp/

Nate Harvey is a monster. He has to be game-planned for… that good.

Hopefully DK can make them pay if those guys get too far up field. But it does sound like their ability to get past OL quickly will make deep passes a bit more difficult. I’m also guessing this is where the wide OL splits come in handy. Spread those guys out and make them have to run a lot further to get to King in the pocket. Also open up wide running lanes for the RBs. I bet we see a few more designed QB runs this week.

Oh… my… word… they might actually do it - putting in a Frosh against us.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/east-carolina/Article/ECU-releases-depth-chart-for-Houston-game-123056911/Amp/

The biggest change on this week’s depth chart is at quarterback, where two ‘ORs’ have popped up between starter Reid Herring, redshirt freshman Kingsley Ifedi and true freshman Holton Ahlers. There’s also an ‘OR’ between running back Anthony Scott and Hussein Howe.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/east-carolina/Article/ECU-reopening-quarterback-competition-for-Houston-game-123064210/Amp/

After one of the worst offensive performances in recent ECU football history, head coach Scottie Montgomery has elected to open the competition at quarterback.

Sophomore Reid Herring has started the first five ECU games behind center with mixed results. Redshirt freshman Kingsley Ifedi and true freshman Holton Ahlers have each come off the bench in multiple games to make some plays, too. This week’s depth chart featured an ‘OR’ between Herring, Ifedi and Ahlers. Montgomery said this week’s practice will be an open competition to see who gives the team the best chance to move the ball on offense.

We play like we did last week then we lose. These oh it’s a walk in the park easy win at their place games are more often lethal than not. Disagree? Just look at how we’ve totally dominated these cupcakes on the road on years past.

1 Like

If the Freshamn plays, get those DBs on the LOS and make him have to find an open receiver. More than likely Ed finds the QB first.

We will drop back in a soft zone…we all know it.

6 Likes

From last week

For anyone who has watched ECU play this year, how is their offensive line? I was highly encouraged by the blitz packages I saw in the 2nd half of the Tulsa game and I’m hopeful that continues this week. Even more so if ECU’s OL has had trouble protecting the QB. Elijah Gooden has shown flashes of being able to get behind the LOS and actually tackle someone. Let’s send that dude off the edge some more.

2 Likes

The defense was the reason we won last week. If they play the same we win. We held Tula to multiple field goals and the offense did not give the defense good field position on a couple of those. Now it is the offense that cannot come out slow again as they did with Tulsa.

2 Likes

jeez he only had 6 tackles last season… used to be a walk on. 14 tfl this year 7.5 sacks

1 Like

This is what I am saying. We are going to see how much progress the O-line has really made.

2 Likes

Weather by day/hour…

By Sat at 7p local, should be good to rock and roll.

2 Likes