Officials

I do not like to call out officials. Good officiating means that officials have no impact on a game. Today they did. They clearly did. It do not happen once, twice but three times. When the margin of error is slim terrible officiating will have an impact. We have video replays. The ncaa has to act and change rules if they need to. CDH had every right to be beyond himself.

9 Likes

I don’t think rules can really account for the bad job they did. But my goodness it was bad.

Can Holgorsen just take the fine and rip into them? (Maybe he can but shouldn’t, but it sure would be satisfying.)

I rarely complain about officiating, but it’s been noticeably bad twice this season.

8 Likes

The rules have to be changed when the pictures tell the story. What good is TV replay if it can’t be used to its full potential. I do not want to hear that it would take too much time. It is ridiculous. Get an ear piece to the refs and that is it. It is as simple as this. Joe Smith on the truck calls tells the refs what to do. To miss an obvious holding in the middle of the field for everyone to see is plain stupidity.

3 Likes

I’m at the old Calhoun’s and even a Cincy fan said the late hit out of bounds was garbage.

10 Likes

They have replays for bad calls by the refs for such things as fumbles, catches, interceptions, out of bounds, etc. So why not for refs making outrageous calls such as a ref calling a late hit on a QB that is clearly still in-bound?

6 Likes

The non call on the hold sealed the game.

10 Likes

I think that call changed the dynamic of the game and killed our momentum more than any other calls or non-calls!

7 Likes

Exactly. What a momentum killer.

6 Likes

Even the replay booth wasn’t especially friendly. Remember the incomplete pass call? That was big.

3 Likes

I think the AAC refs have been ant-us the last couple years! Especially this year so far!

2 Likes

At least discipline the officials and make the discipline public. You have to have a disincentive for such atrocious lack of attention.

At least Herman lost.

11 Likes

This is not about being anti us but about common sense. Instant replay usage has to be adjusted. We either use it to correct errors or we do not use it all.

3 Likes

If it is some kind of infraction to shove somebody out of bounds why in the world would they not penalize DBs for shoving receivers and tackling them after they pass the goal line???

It’s a hypocrisy

6 Likes

I was more upset with our guy shoving him after he was out. Just let him run out. Shouldn’t be a penalty but don’t do any kind of extra shoving after out of bounds to give them a chance to flop. That non-holding call drove me bonkerz

I gotta correct myself… I thought ridder was out before push but he was not.

2 Likes

Namely because he was still in bounds and got a slight push to put him out of bounds.

3 Likes

I don’t mind a mistake on the call. But OOB should be tailor-made for overturning bad calls. It’s easy as hell to see.

in the second half the refs were calling the game like they had money on the over.

3 Likes

AAC officials tend to favor the ranked teams. SMU will present us the same problem.

4 Likes

Same thoughts. Vegas has more zebras on hand than the African Serengeti. No tin foil here, theres an obvious trend developing.

1 Like