OL Billy Thursland Commits!

https://twitter.com/billythursland/status/1384605595655880706?s=21

7 Likes

PWO?

Yes.

Is he from local Reagan?

Yes, Houston Heights—formerly Reagan.

This is the kind of young man that can come in, work hard, beef up and earn a scholarship. This is the kind of kid Billy Willingham would get as a freshman and by his redshirt sophomore or junior year would be really productive. He could have gone on scholarship at the FCS level, but had the confidence to move up. I like this commitment.

5 Likes

Ok I thought he was a Reagan Bulldog…grew up in the Heights

He is from the Heights. Reagan HS as the name of the school is no more. Heights HS has reclaimed it’s original name. Wake up Rip.

6’2 285 is a nice start. A year with our strength coach, and look out! Perhaps 6’3" 300. Nice! Building depth!

Understood but it is still Reagan and Davis to me

4 Likes

He has plenty to work on

It will always be Reagan and Jeff Davis also Lee and Lamar! Please do not erase, nor quit studying history. If you don’t know History, you are doomed to repeat it!

5 Likes

You have to make it political because that is who you are, Have a nice day. Go Cougars. Btw I graduated from Jeff Davis and sibling from Reagan. And none of us had slaves lol

4 Likes

The Beast is a thread killer

3 Likes

Heights head coach Stephen Dixon Sr is also a former UH football player.

2 Likes

He was a really good receiver in the run- shoot days!

1 Like

Now he looks like Spoon

No, now he looks like a former character on TV.
Let’s just go with Hey hey hey! #Albert

That’s OK, he has time and a staff to help him develop. I will be following his progress because I like walk-ons, they bet on themselves and play for the love of the game.

3 Likes

James Dixon was a big time player at WR/kick returner in 87 & 88.

Stephen Dixon wore #63 and played some on the d-line in 92 & 93 as I recall, so his body type really hasn’t changed all that much.

5 Likes