Ole miss

Looks like ole miss will have a second year of bowl bans due to the recent NCAA sanctions they just received. Per NCAA rules, if you receive a two year bowl ban which they are currently serving, players can transfer out without having to sit out a year. I know Michigan has about 7 of their players visiting them but I was wondering if we had a chance to land any. I know several are from the houston area.

(Patrick) #2

Haven’t heard anything, but it’s certainly possible. Looks like we’re mainly focused on the recruiting class and early signing day for now.

(jimmyschofield) #3

Didn’t we have a linebacker that committed to us early but flipped late to them? Can’t remember his name.

I think it was Mohammed sonago. There was also a running back from Manvel that was showing a lot of interest-I think his name was Devon penemon or something like that (ended up playing for them as a true freshman).

(jimmyschofield) #5

That’s him. Just checked his stats. 11 games, just 8 total tackles. But who knows if he would be interested in coming back. He was a 4-star LB, #2 in the state…for what that’s worth.

We could use ILB depth