Ole miss

Looks like ole miss will have a second year of bowl bans due to the recent NCAA sanctions they just received. Per NCAA rules, if you receive a two year bowl ban which they are currently serving, players can transfer out without having to sit out a year. I know Michigan has about 7 of their players visiting them but I was wondering if we had a chance to land any. I know several are from the houston area.

Haven’t heard anything, but it’s certainly possible. Looks like we’re mainly focused on the recruiting class and early signing day for now.

Didn’t we have a linebacker that committed to us early but flipped late to them? Can’t remember his name.

I think it was Mohammed sonago. There was also a running back from Manvel that was showing a lot of interest-I think his name was Devon penemon or something like that (ended up playing for them as a true freshman).

1 Like

That’s him. Just checked his stats. 11 games, just 8 total tackles. But who knows if he would be interested in coming back. He was a 4-star LB, #2 in the state…for what that’s worth.

We could use ILB depth