One more day to declare

he announced via rothstein that he intends to comeback

5 Likes

The most important day to me is not the last day to declare; it’s the last day to withdraw from the draft and retain college eligibility and that is June 3.

1 Like

Right. Based on how they’ve commented on the process Hinton sounds like he has much more resolve than Deeky to potentially stay in the draft.

It’s nice to not have 3 players in the balance.
Jarreau could come back and have a monster year.

Some players take more time to mature. He has been through a lot and could use another year with Sampson and this culture. Some success will really be beneficial for him moving forward with his professional career.
If they all return I will welcome them all open arms
Jarreau, Grimes and Hinton backed up by Sasser, Mills and Mark
gesh!!!

2 Likes

I look forward to Deeky’s improvement. He actually went backwards thanks to that wrist/hand break. His amazing touch on drives to the basket disappeared and apparently he had been working on his outside shot, but that got killed by the injury as well.

We may have 8 players for the 3 Guard slots.

And all are STUDS!

Amazing!!!

Yeah, it’s difficult to imagine with that heap 'o talent that going through in-game offensive slumps like we did last year would occur very often. SOMEBODY(s) out of that bunch will have to be hitting their shots during some portion of a given game.

I don’t hear anyone slandering, I just hear a lot of speculation! I am glad to hear about what Jarreau said in the interview 3 days ago, hope he comes back. I think he will grow up more under CKS than if he leaves!

1 Like

I’ve been way out of the loop… So, where are we at with the draft?

dejon and nate are testing the waters…everyone else came back

real chance both leave, real chance both come back…nate seems more serious about potentially leaving…draft wiithdrawal deadline has been indefinitely extended…the wait could be forever

1 Like

Two things:

1. “Most likely coming back” isn’t the same as "I am coming back.
  2. There is no slander in stating one’s opinion that he isn’t returning.
  1. I agree
  2. Was referrencing a comment on this thread and numerous comments on other threads more or less stating that Dejon wouldn’t be welcome back (from past situations).

You have to wonder if some college coaches are going to tell a kid, make a decision, stay or go with all the transfer portal possibilities.

And now the NCAA has said that kids don’t have to remove their name from the draft anytime soon.

I don’t remember anyone saying he wouldn’t be welcomed back, but since you do, I would say that would be just plain silly. Maybe our AAC opponents wouldn’t welcome him back, but I doubt anyone in our BB program wouldn’t.

2 Likes

Not welcoming Jarreau back is idiotic. Sorry friends.

1 Like

I think that just needs to be squashed. Why give it wings, let it go!