One more twist of the knife

Standing here in line to get into HEB on MacGregor. D’Eriq King is about ten places in front of me…in his Miami sweatshirt.

Can 2020 get any worse? :sob:

5 Likes

Who cares

5 Likes

'Preciate the love. Hey what else is there to do at 8 am in the HEB line but complain?

If it’s any consolation his girlfriend is in all red & a UH shirt. :smile:

2 Likes

Hopefully, you wish him well. Water under the bridge at this point.

2 Likes

Good for him. Sounds like he out kicked his coverage.

3 Likes

Aaaaaand he’s standing next to an Alabama car!!! man #*($& HEB and all the riff-raff they attract :yum:

7 Likes

Interesting that he is in the areas. Isn’t he from the Missouri City or Alvin area? I guess he has to see his girl.

1 Like

I did get a chance to say hello in the store. First asked if he really had to wear the Miami gear as I pulled the knife out of my gut. He said it’s all he’s got now. (Maybe we confiscated all his UH gear?) I also told him how much I enjoyed watching him play at UH, and wished him all the best at Miami.

From my short interaction he comes off as a very sincere and very nice guy. I do wish him well, I’ll be rooting for him next year.

6 Likes

I’ve heard he’s a really nice person. I wish he hadn’t lost a parent under those horrible circumstances. Just these few short weeks have softened me on D’eriq’s situation. I know his life is not very happy right now.

7 Likes

That’s childs play…go hit up a Krogers or a Super Wal-Mart for some top shelf entertainment :grinning:

1 Like

He was at the softball game vs bu. Someone pointed him out to me and that he was wearing a Florida Marlins cap.
In all honesty it really didn’t mean anything to me.

Walking out on commitments is hard for me to see as a good idea. It means you let
down people who are counting on you.

1 Like

I know. But in the end no one will care. If they carry that around then they’re not taking control of their own destiny. We need guys that are gonna commit to the here and now. Sometimes that means losing talented teamates. I want them to fill the void and make something happen.