Only chance we sellout against USF

I just got an email today with the 4 ticket 4 hot dog gimmick for $100. There was also a deal where you get the last 4 UH home games for $50? Both are pretty sweet. You can’t blame the university for doing what it needs to do in order to try and get people to show up.

The idea of giving HS kids tickets is nice, but if they don’t drive it forces their parents to do so. Nothing sucks worse than hanging with your parents when you’re in high school and nothing is worse than fighting traffic driving a bunch of teenagers watching fortnight videos on their phones. Most HS kids who do drive are not getting on the freeway to drive to UH.

that was against temple…we sold out Memphis and Navy that year in regular season…

Again, we are going to have to agree to disagree. A bunch of people left early. Get mad at me all you want. This exchange is going nowhere. Have the last word and dog me again if you like, but I’m done.

I get those e-mails also, but why send e-mail advertisements to season ticket holders ? ? ? ? ? Maybe they expect season ticket holders to buy more or advertise for the school ? ? ? ? ? Don’t really understand their strategy . . . . .

Its been that way since I have been a season ticket holder and we are talking 20 plus years. You would think they would market to people who have just bought individual tickets in the past not people who have already purchased tickets to a given game.

1 Like

They probably send the e-mails to all account holders. Not necessarily the best strategy but easy. Hoping to see better as we move along.

This is a large part of the problem IMO. If you keep reminding season ticket holders that they can get their tickets cheaper if they wait till in-season, why commit early? We’re 5-1 with our best games ahead of us (save Arizona). The ticket office needs to be more aggressive preseason instead of undercutting season ticket holders later. Season ticket prices should be based on 10% lower than average prices on the secondary market, not 50% higher.

3 Likes

Agreed. I payed $1,140.00 for 2 season tickets in the 3rd deck. That is $95.00 for each ticket each game. If I had waited I could get 4 tickets for $100.00 or $25.00 each.

Same seats on the visitor side are less than half that price. $225 per seat for the season. I’d suggest flipping sides. The view isn’t any better from the home side.

we are in 307 row 1 seat backs

3rd deck?

3rd deck, south side, east 40 yd line section 307 seat backs

The seat backs aren’t part of the 4 for $100 deal to be clear. Just move to the visitor side and order the seat backs they install for you if you want to save $500.

Same view indeed.

I’m in section 230, roughly 40 yard line view, slightly elevated (from bowl level), but better view of the opposite side of the field.

Installed cushioned seats, very comfy, very affordable. Big-screen like view, with 40,000 of my best friends.

1 Like

Getting butts in the seats will define how high we go as a program. If you are ranking programs we are in the top 30. If we draw 40k a game we are a top 20 program. If we have to expand the stadium to 55k we are top 15 program.

So what do we do to get it there? Good question.

One thing Herman did was make it cool to be there.

Well the stors won’t be in the World Series. I guess we can expect a sellout now.

:disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

That was 1/3rd of the problem. We still need the 6pm time instead of 2:30 and the weather to cooperate to have a chance. It’s sad but just part of being the Houston Cougars.

If we were playing OU, UT or Agy Hi you might be right. The only school in our conference we could remotely sell out at this time might be UCF,and that would only be if they are undefeated and we had only one loss. That’s life in the big city…

1 Like