OOC for the AAC

“Houston… takes a regional approach to scheduling, with at least two opponents from Texas through 2023. After that there aren’t fully filled in schedules, so expect more Texas opponents to be added.”

Works for me. I have no problem playing UNT or UTSA; not fond of playing Rice, but I could see them added to future games. Currently we do not have Rice scheduled after 2023 which is fine with me. Our current future OOC games scheduled after 2021 are as follows:

Sep 3 at UTSA
Sep 10 at Texas Tech
Sep 17 Kansas
Sep 24 Rice

Sep 2 UTSA
Sep 9 at Rice
Sep 16 at Kansas
I would like another P5.

Sep 7 at Boise State
I would like to get a couple of P5 games and maybe a UNT.

9/6 Colorado
Sep 20 Boise State
I would like another P5 and another UNT to complete that home and home pair.

Sep 5 Utah
Sep 12 at Colorado
Sep 26 at Georgia Southern
I would like to add another game like UTSA to begin another home and home with an in-state team and San Antonio is always a good trip.

Sep 11 at Utah
Sep 18 Georgia Southern
I would like to add another P5 and the other UTSA game.

Oct 7 at BYU
I would like to get a couple of P5 games in 2028 and maybe begin another home and home with UNT.

I think the games we have scheduled look pretty good and I look forward to trips to Colorado and Utah.

1 Like

My guess is 2023 and on, you can count on an FCS team to be added. Pez hasn’t shied away from scheduling an FCS team each year, and it doesn’t seem to be a problem from the admin. I am not saying I like playing FCS schools, but I would probably guess that will be the MO going forward. Just my 2 cents.

I think Pez only adds FCS teams if he can’t find an FBS suiter. If we play FCS teams I would rather Tex St.

1 Like

I am with you. I want more and more PAC games. The more we play them the more noise we can make and showcase ourselves. I would also like to see some ACC games. Wishing, wishing…upon a star.

1 Like

meaningless to comment on future schedules now…By 2024 or 2025, we could be in PAC 12 with 8 P5 games on our conference schedule…

3 Likes

Monte, I like your thinking; but you just edged me out as the most optimistic about our future. :grin:

2 Likes

2 Likes

I think we can probably pencil in Rice going forward as well.

I know, but I try to avoid it in hopes they will go away. I know the logistics of playing Rice and how it’s a money saver; but I just don’t like Rice and would prefer to never play them again in anything. I would rather treat them with the same disdain they have treated us for our entire existence.

3 Likes

Our OOC is hot garbage

2 Likes

There is a lot of Rice hate, but it is another home game for us whether we there or at home. Saves a lot of travel coin, and is not a 1AA school. Should play them during rivalry week (our oldest rival and the Bayou Bucket) or the first game of the season to work out the kinks.

2 Likes

The only Rice grad I know works for me. :grinning:

1 Like

So is the Baylor game not happening anymore?

I’d much rather play Rice than UTSA (painful memories)

They may be working out when that will happen. 2024 and on, Baylor needs games (they only need 3 a year in the LilXII).