OOC scheduling

Out of boredom I was thinking about possible OOC matchups that would be nice to see. Any thoughts besides the never going to happen (UT, A&M, Baylor) matchups. I know the Charleston classic the team will play in December is loaded.

If they keep OSU on the schedule that would be great since they have Cade Cunningham the #1 prospect signed.

1 Like

As we become more and more relevant I wouldn’t totally count out Agy and Horn because in their pea brains it could now benefit them home and home.
But I’m probably dreaming

4 Likes

Actually Big, as we become more relevant, the less they would want to play us. That said, I would love to have them both reach out to see if we could schedule something and then deny them as they would.

3 Likes

I would like to see Gonzaga and Oregon on the schedule every few years.

3 Likes

I would like to see a series vs NC State for a variety of reasons. The one downside is seeing the millions of mentions of 1983. Would be a good game for recruiting more NC players.

Kelvin was talking up a big ACC opponent last off-season, but that never came to fruition.

Texas Tech in a real game, TCU, some of those Big East teams we got teased into thinking we would play when we joined the conference.

2 Likes

If you weren’t lucky enough to have seen the Aggies coming in here years ago then you missed something…talk about excitement and a loud home court. We had a series going with them at the big separation, but that died when I think agy decided they wanted two games at the house and for one for us here.
Texas, Tech or Baylor would all be exciting too…but nothing like beating Agi high and listening to the chants of poor agi…

1 Like

I would rather them need to play us and we tell them to pound sand :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Do not want Baylor. Do not want to help that university in any manner.

11 Likes

How would be helping them? Once again they are set to be a top five team next year…bring more excitement to the table than Texas State…

1 Like

If we’re a strong program with a high NET ranking, there needs no explanation for how we would be helping them.

Once their moral compass has realigned itself, then maybe I’ll get on board with facing off against them. Until then, very hard pass.

2 Likes

Winners play anyone anywhere! Maybe it’s time to get off our short lived high horse. We need to improve our of conference schedule

3 Likes

The Charleston Classic alone could have us playing three tournament teams. If we got about three more top75 teams on our OOC schedule that would be about right.

2 Likes

This is from when the field was announced

The 2020 Charleston Classic to be held November 19, 20 and 22, at TD Arena in Charleston, S.C.,will include College of Charleston, Florida State, Houston, Oklahoma State, Penn State, Seton Hall, Tennessee and VCU.

Seven of the eight teams in the field are currently ranked in Joe Lunardi’s 2019-20 Bracketology- Seton Hall (No. 4 seed), VCU (No. 6 seed), Florida State (No. 7 seed), Tennessee (No. 8 seed), Houston (No. 8 seed), Penn State (No. 11 seed) and Oklahoma State (No. 11 seed).

4 Likes

Any 3 or 4 of these;
Kansas, Tech, LSU, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Gonzaga, Villanova, San Diego State

Edit: how can I forget UCLA? :flushed:

2 Likes

I don’t care if we never play UT, those arrogant @#%& can stick it.

8 Likes

W/o looking up PSU was more like a 6 or 7 seed. They were in Top25 consistently last 2 mos of the year. Obviously had one of best Basketball programs they’ve had in quite a while. Not sure of their 20/21 projections…hopefully it’s Good!

1 Like

Yes to confirm Lunardi had PSU as a #6 seed.
Should be the strongest field the Coogs have played in a Reg Season Basketball Tourney in a very long time.

1 Like

Arkansas, LSU, Kansas, OU or Okie St is ok, ACC team, Big East team (Syracuse, Georgetown).

1 Like