Opponent Alert: Lamar Jackson SI Article

THE NEW SUPERMAN: LOOK, UP IN THE HEISMAN RANKINGS! IT’S A CARDINAL! IT’S A QUARTERBACK! IT’S LOUISVILLE’S LAMAR JACKSON
http://www.campusrush.com/lamar-jackson-louisville-cardinals-football-2010380683.html

Lamar Jackson fears nothing on the football field because he understands so much more than he ever has. This should terrify opposing defensive coordinators. Jackson already has the speed to outrace secondaries. If he continues to develop into the passer Petrino envisions, there may be no way to stop him.

That’s a little flagrant, I was not impressed by his passing, and honestly thought FSU had no defense. He’s good but I don’t think anyone should be ready to call hi super man.

Similar thoughts after I watch the recording of the game the other day.

FSU had absolutely no containment on the edge of the line of scrimmage. The Louisville D was mediocre at best and was very opportune in the turnover game when FSU fumbled the ball. The FSU backfield didn’t start making good runs until late in the game when the FSU D was already reserved to lose the game.

This game very much had a Peach Bowl feel to me. FSU thought that they would be able to come in and steamroll Louisville and Louisville had their chinstraps a bit tighter…

1 Like

Dude is real good. His passing does need some work. But he is only a Sophomore. He needs more loft on his passes. Too much of a line drive lasers for my liking.

1 Like

Well, dude may be Superman according to SI and that’s fine, cause down here we gots some 3rd Ward Kryptonite that’s gonna knock him down to earth. May need to get some shirts that say that too.

2 Likes

That’s the great thing about football. Everyone can talk all they want to but the game is played on the field. This guy gave us fits last year as a freshman. Why would we not expect him to be better this year. Honestly, he reminds me of a big Greg Ward, Jr. It hopefully will be quite a contest when they come to town. But I wouldn’t spend too much time dissing the guy and adding to his motivation. Just me.

2 Likes

We did well against Jackson. He got pulled from the game for the third string QB who lit us up late to keep them in the game.

1 Like

I was trying to remember last years game but don’t recall a lot… must have been all the Coog brew since then. When I checked last week, I believe he was pulled in the 4th quarter which would tell me he didn’t do too much damage. That being said… the guy we faced last year is nothing like the guy we will face this year. This game is gonna be awesome.

1 Like

The S.I. jinx has just been placed on Action Jackson … or … A GREAT BIG BULLSEYE.

Unfortunately … Clemson will get to him FOOST …

1 Like