Opponent Watch 2019-20: SMU

Would be a huge loss if he stays in the draft.

I would think the pay @ SMU is about the same as the nba !

3 Likes

Looking for 2-3 yr deal in NBA. :wink:

https://twitter.com/BillyEmbody/status/1118334242134556672

I expected Whitt to leave early.

This means they will lose both ace guards. Their team may getting really bad.

Started down after LB, the serial cheater, left.

Yep could see it coming after they pimped themselves for a little short term success

https://247sports.com/college/smu/Article/Shawn-Forrest-SMU-college-basketball-assistant-coach-fired-Tim-Jankovich-131667565/

The Arkansas-Pine Bluff graduate wrapped up his third season at SMU this spring and helped SMU land 2018 signees Feron Hunt and Jahmar Young out of the Dallas area. Last summer, Forrest turned down an opportunity to join Texas Tech’s coaching staff, opting to remain in Dallas and interviewed this offseason for a position at Arkansas.

1 Like

" 4. Tyson Jolly – SMU

JUCO school: Trinity Valley

After his struggles at Baylor, Jolly went to Trinty Valley where he excelled. The First-Team JUCO All-American put up a whopping 22.6 ppg and 12.5 rpg, with a number of 30+ point performances. As a point guard, Jolly is going to be someone who puts up a ton of stats at SMU next season.

The Mustangs desperately needed a quality ball-handler to come through with Jimmy Whitt transferring to Arkansas this offseason. The perimeter is still a question mark overall but if Jolly can fill that void at a high level to compliment forwards Ethan Chargois, Isiaha Mike and Feron Hunt, the AAC will have a sneaky contender to deal with."

1 Like

" Tim Jankovich, SMU

SMU is a historically tough job. But a general rule in college coaching is that you need to be better than, or at least as good as, the person you replaced, and Tim Jankovich hasn’t quite met that standard with the Mustangs. He inherited a program from Larry Brown that averaged 26.3 wins in the three seasons before he took over, then immediately won 30 games and AAC Coach of the Year honors. So that was a good start. But SMU has only averaged 16.0 wins over the past two seasons while finishing ninth in the AAC both times. And if the Mustangs finish in the bottom-half of the league once again, which is a likely scenario based on preseason predictions, SMU’s administration could decide to pull the so-called plug."

Hasn’t recruited DFW well at all which is inexcusable.

1 Like

Enough sympathy for smu…the high $$$ boys @ smu bought Larry Brown knowing he was a cheat, thus he fit into the smu mantra perfect. He cheated at UCLA, Kansas and then smu !!!

Brown was a very good coach who didn’t believe in rules !! Perfect for smu !

I could care less if they ever won another game.

I have no problem with their current coach, but he should be on the lookout for another job anyway.

3 Likes

Shaka has at most 2 years left @ ut. then when the newest Palace is completed, they will hire the Tech coach !

Book it Dano !

I don’t think the current coach is the right guy or particularly doing even a decent job. However to compare the next coach with Brown who cheated got the program in trouble and then left is not fair.

3 Likes

Who compared them ?

https://twitter.com/SMUBasketball/status/1197970710708146176?s=20

I hate SMU

2 Likes

As do all right thinking Coogs.

2 Likes