Opponent Watch 2019: Tulane

2 of the Tulane frosh QBs from Htown.
R Frosh- Josh Holl from Cypress Christian.
True Frosh- Josh Coltrin from Manvel.

2 Likes

Fritz has heavy ties to the area. If Herman had left for South Carolina after 2015, good chance he would be here as the head coach.

4 Likes

I can’t wait for this game. I love the roadie. Think I’m going to kayak the swamp and maybe visit a plantation. Would love to go fishing w a guide too, but $$$$!!!

3 Likes

I want to go so bad, but our games at Tulane always seem to be on a Thursday. Makes it tough with kids in school.

1 Like

Leave them w relatives.

1 Like

I might. Haven’t been to New Orleans in forever.

2 Likes

Coltrin could be a sleeper. He put up nice career #s despite splitting time until his senior year w Kason Martin -HC Kirk Martin’s son. (who is now QB coach @ Syracuse)
-Kason is one of the guys in line to replace Fine @ North Texas next season.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1160954862248570880?s=20

1 Like

Got my seats on the 50! :slight_smile: 5 of us will be there…

4 Likes

“Tulane versus Houston must just be a Thursday night tradition now.”

1 Like
1 Like

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/florida-international-panthers-vs-tulane-green-wave-prediction-picks-2019

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1166843664099921920?s=20

1 Like

That tells me that our schedule is that much tougher this year. We have a brutal September.

2 Likes

After the bounce-back outing against Missouri State, McMillan pointed out the offense was still a work in progress, saying growing pains were inevitable. Hall began coaching his system in spring practice and now has a body of work of three games at Tulane.

Having failed to connect on multiple vertical routes at Auburn, Tulane hit Missouri State’s soft coverage with plenty of quick-hitting passes.

“We got back to our base offense and pretty much our bread and butter and tried to work that a lot more and get an identity for this team and keep working in that direction,” McMillan said. “At the end of the day this is still a new offense with a lot of young players. This offense is a nonstop progress for us, and we hope to continue to grow.”

It’s the first time since Sept. 4, 2009 that the “World Wide Leader” aired a Tulane home game (excluding the New Orleans Bowl) on its flagship station. Tulsa halted Tulane 37-13 that night in the Superdome. Other ESPN home games included a “home” game loss to UTEP in Ruston, Louisiana, during the 2005 Hurricane Katrina-ravaged season and a 38-35 loss to TCU on Sept. 1, 2003 in the Dome.

“I think it’s a big deal. We want to be on this stage,” Fritz said.

“It’s big. We’re aware of that. It’s not oblivious to us in the locker room,” McMillan said.

“I think it’s time that Tulane got in that spotlight some more. We’ll be ready,” cornerback P.J. Hall added.

Earned its way to the national stage?? My God, give me a break!! The only thing significant this program has done, game wise, in recent years, is upset Memphis last year…That big bowl win over… oh yeah , Louisiana College. (old Lou-Lafayette ) CMON!! All this Tulane hype and being favored over us should do nothing but anger us…and have us more ready to play…
Houston 38
Tulane 13

1 Like
1 Like

Did we beat Army?

1 Like