Opponent Watch: UCF depth tested as Knights' showdown with Houston looms

UCF depth tested as Knights’ showdown with Houston looms

“One thing we don’t have a lot of is depth and that’s kind of across the board at a lot of positions. Any time you get a couple of guys nicked up at one position, we gotta call on a lot of guys to play,” Frost said after the win. “Jock Petree did a really good job, Joey did a great job, Aaron Cochran came in and did a good job. Some guys that haven’t been playing as many snaps, we needed them. They came in and fought and did a great job and we’ll work to get everybody healthy.”

UCF football team makes progress ahead of showdown with Houston

“I told them after the game, and before the game, think about where they were in January and then think about where they were in March when we started spring ball and when we finished spring ball. It’s a different team,” Frost said. “. . . I thought we took a big step forward Saturday again. There’s been improvement every week. Seeing the passing game click like that is a big part of what we need going forward. One of these games we’re gonna put it all together offensively, running game, passing game, everything and explode on somebody.”

Scott Frost calls AAC championship focus ‘dangerous’ for UCF football
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/ucf-knights/knights-notepad/os-scott-ucf-football-aac-east-20161027-story.html

“We’re not looking at a conference championship. I think that’s dangerous,” Frost said. “When you set those kind of goals and you fall short, your team can fizzle. When you don’t set high enough goals and you reach them, what do you have left to play for? That’s why we’re gonna play one week at a time. This week is another big challenge for us and I hope we’re as up for this one as we have been for any game.”