OT: Air Force ready to play even if they only have 11 going both ways

3 Likes

Before the MWC resumed their season, Air Force was still scheduled to play their games with Army and Navy. This apparently upset Boise and the rest of the MWC but ultimately they couldn’t stop them.

2 Likes

So Air Force is the Nebraska of the MWC except Air Force actually has balls and will follow through with what they said they would do.

Also better than those cowards who bailed on us.

6 Likes

That’s the spirit!!

3 Likes

I love it. Our academies should be the toughest guys in the country anyway, right?

Reminds me of my jr high. Tiny school out in the sticks, about 60 kids per grade. We had 15 kids on the football team. Most the team played both ways. Had to play if you were sick, et cet. Coach ran us a LOT.

5 Likes

That’s similar to my high school except roughly half that size. Most players played both sides in some fashion. Mart High School, made have heard of them :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For such a small school they put a lot of players in college. The Cosby brothers and more recently Zamar Kirven come to mind.

4 Likes

Yep! Went to school with Quan and Quincy was in my class. Kirven’s mom was i believe a year younger than me. Here’s a recent article from the Trib if you’re interested in a bit of trivia: High school notebook: Mart's all-time win total is a minor mystery

4 Likes

We could still schedule the Falcons this season, couldn’t we?

In our High School, we played only 6-man football; and believe me those six had to play both ways. There were darn few substitutes!

3 Likes

They have a date listed as open on their schedule…we will be playing the AAC championship game that day though

I was reading up on 6 man; Jack Pardee played 6 man in high school at Christoval, over near San Angelo.

3 Likes

Six man football has 6 players for each team on the field instead of 11. I am not sure what you meant by 3 on each side, but I assume that you were talking about the 3 down linemen on each side.

1 Like

You are right - 3 on the line, 3 in the backfield; brain freeze! Still, darn few substitutions; if you got hurt, you just sucked it up - and played!

1 Like