OT: Another 4 star commits to Jackson State

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/KaTron-Evans-Tennessee-Vols-Football-Recruiting-Former-Signee-Commits-Deion-Sanders-Jackson-State-165430613/.

Jackson State has the #1 ranked FCS class of 2021, the #70 class overall. Deion has already out recruited most G5s and some P5s.

Deion’s players were not eligible this past Spring so we’ll see what these guys got in the Fall.

some did play

You’re getting a bit out of hand there Mike. Calm down a bit.

1 Like

I agree totally but in reality that ain’t happening as too many have been brainwashed to think like that athletically.

If we went pound for pound recruiting based on ties to a school most P5s and G5’s would be out of the game as most of the recruits that sign had no significant tie to our campuses as a whole

Look at how we treat inner city schools as a whole now - HISD athletics has basically thrown football away with outdated stadiums and kids blatantly leaving the district to play for the well-funded burbs. But those same coaches who struggle can’t get the good jobs in the burbs coaching football unless the school is about to crash in terms of a talent drop

Woodmark likes to dish it out, he can take it.

2 Likes

And we have a woody hijacking…

How the mods feel. …

3 Likes

lol iiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnn!!! :rofl:

1 Like

Any understanding of what you are talking about

2 Likes

Top of the line coaching in Saban and Fisher, facilities to prepare you for the NFL, a chance to play for a true national championship, exposure, a great education, fun college campus experience, plus, those campuses have other raced kids other than just “white” (not that that should even be an issue :roll_eyes:)…etc., should I continue?

4 Likes

Many, many great athletes have come out of HBCUs over the years, and they will continue to come out of those schools. Walter Payton being one and Jerry Rice being another. Thank God they had/have the opportunity to play college sports at these schools. Getting coached up by someone like Deion, I think, would be pretty valuable.

1 Like

Not sure how good a coach Deion is at this stage, but I love him as a person…heck, maybe he can coach at UH one day…

2 Likes

Rudy this is so true. And if more terrifically gifted athletes chose to attend HBCUs then they would be putting far and away the most players into the NFL. Does anyone really think that talented guys like Earl Campbell or Eric Dickerson or Michael Vick or Michael Strahan would not have made it into the NFL without the help of a P5 program? Oh wait…

And you forgot to mention the “perks” that go along with those schools…lol

No. They probably would have made the NFL based off of their talent. (Michael Strahan went to TSU). But I’m just trying understand what you’re saying. I’m not trying to start a fuss on Coogfans on this fine evening. But you’re saying that all black players should play at HBCU’s simply because they are black? If that is what you’re saying, then how does that improve the social justice issues in our society? How does separating based on race improve racism?

1 Like

Look at it like this

What was the value of them prior to integration to non-HBCUs?

They were being drafted from swac so it was strictly talent.

Once there was value folks went to the end of the world to secure their signatures with token hires, street agents, etc that happens to this day.

If there was a major shift now it would be scary to certain groups as now you begin to chip away at the cash cow. There’s a reason schools invest very heavy in facilities to keep them close or keep moving the targets further away in terms of exposure.

Half of them have no affiliation with Power 5s ever growing up unless they have talent. A lot of have been brainwashed also because of that and turned their backs on hbcus for whatever reason.

For history majors - separate but equal if enforced - that would’ve changed everything As separate ensures funding remains equal. Society realized that would cost and close the gap so integrate instead.

TSU was structured to operate like UT for blacks. It was growing too fast so they put the breaks on that quickly which helped everyone else around.

That was the problem, there was separate for sure; but there certainly wasn’t equal.

1 Like

Brown v Board of Education held that “separate” is INHERENTLY…UNequal.

3 Likes

Is Texas Southern a P5 school now? (Strahan)

cheaper to integrate - and you create a subclass

more expensive to keep separate and playing field is level

Seems you missed my last comment, the …“oh wait”…part

And it seems you also missed the fact that Eric Dickerson didn’t attend a P5 program.