OT: Anyone going to the XFL Game?

I guess the Roughnecks crowd isn’t as afraid of the sun as all the Coog fans that hang out in the shade instead of in their seats.

2 Likes

A disaster… missed a quarter waiting in line.

I just think everyone was skeptical about this league so it was a so-so turnout. But if they keep winning and keep being entertaining, then I think it will improve.

Don’t compare feb sun to September sun…lol.

Yesterday was almost a perfect day for football.

It looked like more than 17k.

The field looked good.

13 Likes

Yeah, the stadium and turf looked really good on tv

I was thinking that the XFL could have partnered with the MLS and used their team names and logos. You have a built in fan base and stadiums not being used at the moment.

MLS stadiums would have been the perfect size. It would be the Futbol team and the Football team. Teams like Real Madrid and Barcelona have to tier basketball teams I believe.

Edit: never mind, the MLS season starts at the end of the month.

And left all the improvements to the field and revenue for the Coogs behind. No thanks.

Invited to the game by relatives with season tickets. Great atmosphere. Sat on the south side not too far from where my Coog season tix are…our “home” side where the Coog bench normally is. What I thought odd was the Roughneck bench was on the North (sunny) side of the stadium. Anybody know why?

Was JJ considered for this league? Figured he would match up philosophically wit June Jones

I wish the Houston team would have had the Dallas team colors.

I am still trying to keep track of the rule changes but I like how it makes teams go for it more on 4th down inside the opposing teams 40.

Though I have not seen a double forward pass yet.

Plus the game was at 4pm instead of 11am.

2 Likes

I’m a lowly upper deck ticket holder. I just try to keep my insurance paid up for the day my skin cancer kicks in.

SPF 1000 is your friend.

https://image.spreadshirtmedia.com/image-server/v1/compositions/T347A386PA2978PT17X0Y6D12089016FS4750/views/1,width=650,height=650,appearanceId=386.jpg

4 Likes

There was a double forward pass during the Seattle vs DC game. Its in the highlights also if you want to see it.

I was at the game in section 104. The game was a blast for me and my dad, crowd was great, and the stadium was loud. I had no problem with the concessions i got my food in 10 minutes. I definitely will be going next Sunday too and i look forward to getting to tailgate this time.

2 Likes

Just in case you guys didn’t get the email, another promo code for UH fans: UHXFLHG2

https://am.ticketmaster.com/houstonroughnecks/ism/MjBIT1VIRzI=?promoCode=VUhYRkxIRzI=#/

1 Like

The opponent might be hungover.

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1226684486286442498

1 Like

That’s cool St. Louis. I remember my first wine cooler.

2 Likes

Luck said this morning that in the DC game the fans were chanting “MVP” at their QB after some nice throws. I like a fanbase that does not take things so seriously

Got the DC NY game on and I’m getting uncomfortable flashbacks watching Pumphrey go off for DC.

D’Juan Hines just got an interception for the NY Guardians. Go Coogs!

4 Likes