OT: EA bringing back NCAA Football!

I hope that it allows a way to update and/or import player name/number/stats data for teams.

They cannot ship the game with player names, but if you can edit player data then you can get close to the real thing.

Quickly there would be a community of gamers that would publish an EA NCAA roster for all teams.

Folks on Operation Sports have been actively managing roster files for last gen. I’d imagine EA will allow this feature to remain. If consumers get wind of this option being blocked, the sales would plummet.

1 Like

The kinds of folks that post on OS are a small minority of the playerbase, though. The OS community tends to be people that are much heavier on single-player and/or career modes than average; I know there’s been a lot of discussion on that board that the average Madden or 2k or FIFA player is much more likely to play stuff like Ultimate Team and Online H2H modes, which is why stuff like Franchise and Career modes tend to get neglected.

1 Like

This is what I am worried about as an old school type of guy who still plays NCAA14 because of the dynasty and recruiting. I think EA knows there is a hardcore fan base that would kill the game if they don’t put out an improved dynasty and recruiting system. They may be able to get away with locking real names off the game as that is a smaller subset of potential buyers and just editing attributes/appearance will probably keep them on board without too many negative reviews.

No UH wins Natty every year when I play it

5 Likes

Not sure what the newest thread was titled, but looks like UH submitted sounds and their in-game conditions for the new college football video game. No Neck or June 27th. :smiling_face_with_tear:

https://twitter.com/MattBrownEP/status/1709747582304432508

2 Likes

Even having Womp Womp included is a way bigger W than I expected.

5 Likes

They should make another 2 songs to add

We only have 4 there should be 1-2 more and it would be refreshing to add something for a certain situation. How many other universities have 4 or more songs?

1 Like

When the third quarter drops at TDECU

2 Likes

Forgot all about the band’s iteration of Hustlin’. Probably wasn’t worth the headache of dealing with getting it cleared. Honestly womp womp is good enough for me.

If you even thought about sending that you better be prepared to send a check to TSU :joy:

Everyone in this city knows where those songs came from starting in 1984

1 Like

What about this one

2 Likes

I’d presume that the rights are EA’s problem to figure out, not UH’s. Scrolling through the thread, a bunch of other schools straight up named copyrighted music for stuff like pre-runout. The bigger problem, IMO, is that we don’t play June 27 or Womp Womp or Neck at specific times; we just sort of rotate all of them on big defensive plays according to the vibe, so you basically have to pick one of the three. And there’s also not a halftime spot for Hustlin’, though we should have included it under Other Traditions anyway.

Fingers crossed they just give us control over stadium sounds like they did in '14, though. If they do, all of this is moot.

Also, I just noticed that they mentioned the Whose House chant. Hell yeah.

3 Likes

Whoose House chant and Womp Womp are non-negotiable. They should be in the game. Did you see the submission for jerseys? Didn’t see a throwback uni. Probably going to be a DLC.

We didn’t wear throwbacks last year and I’m not sure there are any plans to wear them going forward, so I wouldn’t count on them as DLC. I’m just pleasantly surprised we got the Black unis this year.

2 Likes

I saw a bunch of school’s added copyright stuff. Why even not try with hustling or welcome to the jungle.

Sigh. Always missing

Good thing it’s an annual game so can as more things in year by year.

Just hope they scanned and modeled TDECU before we started tearing it apart lol

1 Like

Don’t play flight sim, they literally have TDECU being built. Heart breaker

Here’s a question that I think is worth considering, because I think it’s also likely the case: let’s say, theoretically, that if you list something in a spot and EA doesn’t manage to clear the rights to it, it gets either left blank or filled with a generic band sound. Which copyrighted songs would you include?

I think including Hustlin’ at halftime would probably be the only one I’d add, if that’s the case.

Latest teaser for the game. Full “reveal” coming in May

https://x.com/easportscollege/status/1758159742109671874?s=46&t=QaTBQ_PFQ7gLVOFwqBKG5Q

5 Likes